• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Newish Tegu Owner

Faithsreptilez

IMG_0267.PNG
IMG_0266.PNG
IMG_0340.JPG
I recently had a tegu for about a month and it passed. Due to UGR selling me it not only wild caught but full with internal parasites. I fell in love and know all the requirements etc. I did months and months of research before I got one. Now after a few months I found a baby red tegu that I will be getting TOMMORROW. (In the images above) And I spent the past 8 hours building the cage. It's not permanent, I still have to add a higher wattage heat, more substrate and it's going to be 2 story's along with less ventalation for humidity. I hope the tegu I receive tomorrow is in great health. I found it on Craigslist -_- she said she's healthy and isn't aggressive or skiddish which is great. But she is a little under weight due to hibernation nothing I can't fix. I hope she doesn't have internal parasites etc. wish me luck. My instagram is @turtlezblog if you would like to see me go live and post pictures Of her along with my 7 turtles (about to be 10 next week and my rescue center) have a great day.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
View attachment 11886 View attachment 11885 View attachment 11884 I recently had a tegu for about a month and it passed. Due to UGR selling me it not only wild caught but full with internal parasites. I fell in love and know all the requirements etc. I did months and months of research before I got one. Now after a few months I found a baby red tegu that I will be getting TOMMORROW. (In the images above) And I spent the past 8 hours building the cage. It's not permanent, I still have to add a higher wattage heat, more substrate and it's going to be 2 story's along with less ventalation for humidity. I hope the tegu I receive tomorrow is in great health. I found it on Craigslist -_- she said she's healthy and isn't aggressive or skiddish which is great. But she is a little under weight due to hibernation nothing I can't fix. I hope she doesn't have internal parasites etc. wish me luck. My instagram is @turtlezblog if you would like to see me go live and post pictures Of her along with my 7 turtles (about to be 10 next week and my rescue center) have a great day.
I'm wishing you the best. First thing- have your new one checked out by a qualified vet dealing in exotics.

Faithsreptilez

I'm wishing you the best. First thing- have your new one checked out by a qualified vet dealing in exotics.
i recieved her and she has a broken right arm and mbd. The vet bill will cost about 400$ for surgery sadly. The women before had no heat, no uvb, no water, and hasn't ate in months. She isn't aggressive just a little skiddish i made a gofundme for this weekend to hopefully help her. I have taken her outside earlier in 90 degree florida weather and she loved it. my instagram is @turtlezblog if you wanna see more pics

Attachments

• IMG_0542[1].JPG
    IMG_0542[1].JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0468[1].JPG
    IMG_0468[1].JPG
    433 KB · Views: 35
  • 18161042_760333087477020_679537789859004416_n.jpg
    18161042_760333087477020_679537789859004416_n.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 33

Rob H

I've had less than stellar experience with UGR myself. They seem to hint at being captive breed when in fact field caught.

Fith

My new account is faithsreptilez
My gold tegu passed. I now have a new tegu. That is a rescue.

I named my argentine red tegu big red. I TOOK HER TO THE VET AND HE DOES HAVE MBD AND A FRACTURED ARM. I was prescribed with liquid pain medication, liquid calcium that is 100% more stronger than powdered calcium and powdered food that I mix with water to make a liquid food formula. Big red wasn't able to walk, his jaw and and tail was very weak and almost mush. After 4 days he is doing great and can walk and run. The bond is 2x stronger than any other from me having to syringe feed him daily. Everyday I gain his trust more and more. I love him more than anything in the world. ❤️ Insta is @turtlezblog

Attachments

• IMG_0670.JPG
    IMG_0670.JPG
    276.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0761.JPG
    IMG_0761.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1086.JPG
    IMG_1086.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 18

Faithsreptilez

Yes. I Didn't cause his mbd. He was a rescue. His previous owner had no heat, no uvb, no food or water for 4 months. I have a potent 100% calcium prescribed medication along with medicated food and pain meds for him. He has a 10.0 uvb bulb in his enclosure and I have 2 uvb light strips shipping. Aswell as me taking him outside daily. So he gets plenty of uvb.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well, good save. Please post photos as he improves. Much to learn on this.

Faithsreptilez

bb4bfdd0e328afdd041c991f11880a2e.jpg
after only 5 days of medications he's DOING AMAZING. he can walk and run. He's not agressive. Still alittle skiddish. I hold him daily. He's suppose to be on 3 medications for a month. So after this change in only 5 days I can't wait to see him in a month. But one thing I'm worried about is him not pooping. I feed him everyday liquid food and it's been 5 days since he went. And the first time he did go he struggled a lot.

Instagram @turtlezblog

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam