• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

NY Metro Reptile Expo Jan 5/6

ReptileNerd

5 Year Member
Anyone happen to be going? I definitely going, hopefully both days. I'm gonna be picking up the usual feeders and gonna be on the lookout for a nice Yellow Ackie.

-Jon- :shock:

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
We used to go to every show but after the first year it gets a little old. The January shows are to get rid of all the old stock before the new stuff is hatched in a couple of months. Wait until the April show!!!! All the good stuff will be out then!!

We need feeders too but we don't have the money to take the family this time. I'll order some online if needed. It'll be less expensive in the end.

Swtbrat

5 Year Member
I agree with Dave about it getting boring.
I think 2 a year are enough for me.If I lived closer I would probably go more.. :wink:

Brat!

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Swtbrat said:
I agree with Dave about it getting boring.
I think 2 a year are enough for me.If I lived closer I would probably go more.. :wink:

Brat!
We used to go for the fun of it, but now it's just too expensive. Gas, admission, food, etc.

2 or 3 times a year is good.

How far are you from the Hamburg or Mars shows??

striggs

5 Year Member
reptilenerd, mike that sells feeders at the show lives in the city. I get mine from him, he doesn't live far from me & he's only a short way from yonkers. u can meet him at te show or i can ask him if it's alright if i give you his # if you're interested.

AB^

5 Year Member
Jon,

Keep a look out for a Male Jeweled Lacerta for me, if you see any get their info, I'll make it worth your while if successful
Thanks Buddy :D

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
AB^ said:
Jon,

Keep a look out for a Male Jeweled Lacerta for me, if you see any get their info, I'll make it worth your while if successful
I've seen them there. You'll never know what you'll see!

AB^

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
AB^ said:
Jon,

I've seen them there. You'll never know what you'll see!

Ok, im changing the offer, to anyone that can find me a male jeweled lacerta I'll send them some feeder roaches
(as long as it isnt from agama international)

ReptileNerd

5 Year Member
Yeah, there are alot of stuff at the show that is pretty repetative. There are some vendors that I already know what they have before even walking up to the table haha. I still go though cuz I just love to be around all the reptiles and you never know if someone may have something you really want.

Dave, I seriously can't wait for the April show. After this show, I'm gonna take the few months inbetween to save up for the April show like crazy. One of my vendor friends (who I got my Yellow Ackie from) promised me that he'll have more Ackies in April :p

Striggs, Mike is the one who always has the booth to the right as soon as you walkin nd he like always has a lil rodent size comparison chart on the table too right lol? I've been buying my rodents from him since like '05 I think, he's a real cool guy and has great feeders. I'm actually be on the look out for chicks as well this show, I've never checked for them really so I'll hope I can find some for a good price.

Ah, Mr.Luzzi wants me to help him find a Male Lacerta eh? :twisted:
Don't worry yo, I have your back. Just like remind me on Friday or whatever so I don't forget lol. Btw, what happened to the current Male you had???

-Jon- :shock:

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ReptileNerd said:
Striggs, Mike is the one who always has the booth to the right as soon as you walkin nd he like always has a lil rodent size comparison chart on the table too right lol? I've been buying my rodents from him since like '05 I think, he's a real cool guy and has great feeders. I'm actually be on the look out for chicks as well this show, I've never checked for them really so I'll hope I can find some for a good price.
We've always bought from the guy in the back.

I've never seen live chicks there, I've never looked for frozen ones. We saw lots of live chicks (and women!!) at the Hamburg show. Live EVERYTHING! Mice, Rabbits, etc.

AB^

5 Year Member
Ah, Mr.Luzzi wants me to help him find a Male Lacerta eh?
Don't worry yo, I have your back. Just like remind me on Friday or whatever so I don't forget lol. Btw, what happened to the current Male you had???

Remember the bacterial infection?? Well yea, it wouldnt respond to treatment and it was just getting worse so I put him down instead of watching him suffer. :cry:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980