• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Off the ark exotic reptiles stay away

herpgirl2510

I thought i was getting a rehabbed savannah monitor they had for 6 months.Suposed to be eating great tested for parasites etc. This si what I received yesterday.
lizards003-5.jpg

lizards006-1.jpg

lizards005-3.jpg

slideaboot

5 Year Member
OH jesus! That guy is in a BAD way! Are you returning him for a refund or what? Have you spoken to the company?

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
Wow poor thing! This is insane,i was just about to buy one from these guys in a week,i'm going to with underground reptiles. I would definitely send him back,sounds cruel but thats just really irresponsible if you ask me and he is wrong for that.

slideaboot

5 Year Member
I'm interested to know how a conversation with the company goes. If you could keep us posted on how it all goes down, I think many of us would appreciate it.

Thanks!

TheTeguGurl

Oh my this is a sad site.. But at least he is in good hands now.. please keep this baby and get it nice and fat and healthy.. I would report the place you got him from

Moofins

Good lord, that's horrifying.

Despite how badly you were deceived, I would NOT send him back. A refund is great, but returning that poor guy would be sending him to his death; they clearly do not care.

Do the best you can with him, and I hope no one else ends up in the same spot that you are.

Good luck.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I disagree with everyone that is saying keep him. I would send him back and demand a refund. If you keep him this guy gets to keep your money, stay in business and make no changes. It's the same concept as the people that buy sick animals from petco/petsmart because they feel bad. They get their money and keep their husbandry and feeding practices the same. Even if you save this one animal he will replace it with 2 and they will die unless someone who isn't informed with this place buys them. Send him back and keep spreading the bad new about this place.

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
james.w said:
I disagree with everyone that is saying keep him. I would send him back and demand a refund. If you keep him this guy gets to keep your money, stay in business and make no changes. It's the same concept as the people that buy sick animals from petco/petsmart because they feel bad. They get their money and keep their husbandry and feeding practices the same. Even if you save this one animal he will replace it with 2 and they will die unless someone who isn't informed with this place buys them. Send him back and keep spreading the bad new about this place.

^x2

herpgirl2510

I couldnot send this poor creature back it would never survive. He is now saying he informed me of this animal's conditon which could not be further from the truth I do not have the experience to handle this. She is also missing a tongue which they never told me. It is such a heartbreak to me. They also fed live which I did not know I am going on every website I can and postig this. I got this off of kingsnake so I did not even know to check fauna for their name. She is still very strong when I handled her. I understand about not supporting a place like this and I will not ever again I will make sure to let as many people as possible about this. I am also going to file a report with the better business bureau. It is so sad the have more monitors for sale now too. Go with underground I know they have those stupid you tube videos but I received a beautiful pastel ball form them. He has an amazing feeding response and issuper docile.

I am going to try and help this girl I have her in a huge 7.5.3.5x3.5 enclosure with 12-18" of dirt and sand 130 basking area uvb bulb the works. I do not want to risk the 1hour 20 minute drive to the vets with her I think the stress would be too much. I will keep everyone informed any advice is always welcome. I have her soaking and she seemsto love this she is very alert right now.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It is going to be a uphill battle to get this guy to survive. Good luck.

herpgirl2510

I know luckily I work part time so I am home alot and have time to devote but I should not have to. I have also filed complaints with kingsnake. They do not allow you to post negative feedback on their web site.

WildlifeLover429

My oh my :( that poor baby! THIS MAKES ME SO ANGRY! :mad: (she has no tongue!!?!?!? are you serious! how could this happen?) At least she is with you now :/ hopefully you turn her life around for the better or at least make it worth while it lasts :)

herpgirl2510

I was told after she came that she is eating live which probably explains the no tongue. He has hadhis savannah for 5 months and said he never noticed it did not have one. Complete BS.

frost

1,000+ Post Club
i got a savy like that from someone a while ago and it was in the same condition.after feeding it all the mice and turkey and fattening food i could it weight still didnt go up and its condition would not improve.most of the time it wouldent even eat for me.i think the best thing to do is send it back.this animal isnt going to improve,at least not without some expensive meds and other things.

herpgirl2510

lizards004-5.jpg

Check her out after soaking for overan hour. She is now flicking her nub of a tongue. She is very strong I am glad I hve two locks on her doors.
bella001.jpg

herpgirl2510

" I am sorry. I deal in imported as well as CB animals. Sometimes the imports are rough when they arrive. We clean them out, get them healthy on food and they get shipped out. You have to trust me. She is a healthy animal internally and will start to fill out soon. Patience is key. She will eat and has been eating just as you were told. I honestly never noticed anything about her tongue because I just don't like at that in lizards"
Copied email I just received.

Another one
"Hello. Your setup sounds good. This animal was advertised as an animal that was not doing well but we got her going. She was doing great. She had eaten10-12 times prior to shipping.

These animals ship well because they tolerate cool temps well. You have only had her 24 hrs. You need to be patient and let her acclimate. Soak her in 1/2 water 1/2 orange gatorade or pediolyte for awhile. Set her up and let her be. It was colder than I thought this week, but she will be OK.

I was banned from fauna for arguing with the Mods not for anything business related.

please be patient. If you do what I ask she will be fine. If you pick her up, move her "poke her take her to the vet you are going to stress her unnecessarily.

Please trust me. I know what I am doing.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam