• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Please help new baby tegu dying?

Gray

Ive had him for about 2 weeks now he's 2 months old and hes been doing fine eating well other then it being Hard for me to get him to eat anything that isnt live after his first bath today I gave him a raw egg since he didn't seem to like the hard boiled eggs other then that he's been usually eating horn worms and super worms after 2 or 3 hours after he had breakfast I found him like this breathing very fast and arms and legs shaking

Attachments

• 20170911_173728_056.jpg
    20170911_173728_056.jpg
    947.4 KB · Views: 52

Zyn

Are you dusting with calcium no D3 and reptile vit no D3. When was the last time he pooped and I'd
Get his basking spot to 115 minimum get a temp gun

Gray

I use calcium no d3 and cod oil. Havnt used rep vit. Yet and his hot spot is 120 checked on him today and after coming out of his burrow he's moved to the same spot and hasn't moved yet though he is no longer shaking and his breathing seems more normal now I looked around his tank think it's been about 2 days since a bm

Gray

Yes a mercury vapor 160w and a solar glo 125w is that enough for uvb? Ok I'll get some reptil vit today after work

dpjm

5 Year Member
Yes a mercury vapor 160w and a solar glo 125w is that enough for uvb

If these are both UV lamps and you have them pointed into the same area so that the light from them is overlapping, then it is very likely way too much uvb. If you are using two UV lamps in a single basking zone, then make sure they are spaced apart quite a bit or the area of overlap will be too uv-intense.

Gray

Wow I had no idea too much uvb was a thing. Unfortunately they are both in a dual deep dome I can shut the weaker one off until i can get another non uvb bulb but the temps might be off it being a 6x3 I live in a beach resort so pet stores are a little out of the question unless I drive for hours do you think I should keep them running until the other comes in the mail or turn in off?

Gray

Btw he seems to be back to his old curious exploring self now but I will deff ad repti vit in to his next meal

beardeddragon111

You could use a flood light for the other bulb. Make sure it's not a spotlight as they make a very small area of heat that is too hot. You can get them from home depot.

dpjm

5 Year Member
Yeah, don't buy heat lights from a pet store. Halogen flood lights from a hardware store are cheaper and better. Too much UV is definitely a thing, think sunburns.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602