• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

"Potty Training"

Brian A

I've read that many people's tegus will use their water bowl as a toilet. Mine prefers to be let out and defecate on my floor. It's been months since it last went in the bath tub. Any tips on training it to go in a more convenient location than my carpet? Lol.

On a marginally related note, has anyone tried teaching their tegu "tricks"? Like fetch and come?

Sherri

I've read that many people's tegus will use their water bowl as a toilet. Mine prefers to be let out and defecate on my floor. It's been months since it last went in the bath tub. Any tips on training it to go in a more convenient location than my carpet? Lol.

On a marginally related note, has anyone tried teaching their tegu "tricks"? Like fetch and come?

Sherri

Hello Brian my tegu isn't train and I never thought about it I just hold him a lot and let him run around lol besides Zesus has a mind of his own

Jrock23

LOL, My Savannah monitor likes to use my carpet as well .. But My golden tegu uses his water bowl as a toilet, I didn't train him to do it. It just happen. But I run a bio active enclosure for my savannah monitors, ornate monitor and my tegu, so even if they don't use the water bowl, I rarely ever have to clean any of my enclosures.. The hardest part for me is training a rhino iguana how to use the bathroom toilet to poop. LOL..

Jrock23

I can never get him to sit still to make the video, I saw someone do with with a green iguana so I thought I would give it a try, but its not working for me what so ever LOL..

Jrock23

Yea rhinos are about $3-400 at underground reptiles.. I wish I could build an outside enclosure for my lizards but i live in chicago so its not an option for me.. People who don't see snow are so lucky to have nice weather all year round..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam