• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Pro Exotics?

Jer723

5 Year Member
Is this a good or a bad guy? im not sure seems like they know what theyre talking about. anybody here deal with them?

rrcoolj

5 Year Member
I haven't personally ordered from them but I have heard good things from them. They breed many species of monitors and have very knowedgable articles about monitors.

Jer723

5 Year Member
yes, i read a great care sheet on ackies from them, and it seemed very knowledgeable, they seem to know what theyre talking about, and ive also heard some good things about them, i will probably look to them in the future. do you know if ALL ackies are us captive bred? i heard something about that.

Jefroka

5 Year Member
I haven't dealt with them personally but after viewing their website it looks like they have a ton of experience breeding all sorts of herps, provide very good care for all their animals and keep their facilities impeccably clean.

It would be sooo cool to have one or two of their gila monsters. I can't imagine the price though on those dudes!

...Jefroka

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Like others, I haven't dealt with them personally (I have emailed back and forth with Robin a few times) but they seem very knowledgeable.

kaa

5 Year Member
I have dealt with them, they are realy good people to do business with. think Bobby hill, but with monitors. They answered all questions, and were super nice. And there info is very good, they know what they are talking about.

AWD247

5 Year Member
Jerry I have delt with Pro-Exotics on all my Monitors before getting my GU, Ive never had a problem with them business wise,. I can say that email contact with them might be timely, but they know what their doing. I would say call and ask to speak to someone who has time to answer a few of your questions,. Their usually good about putting you in touch with someone who can definately help you out as much as possible

Jer723

5 Year Member
Ok thanks guys, now im debating between 3 things an ackie pair, a BTS, or a Beardie. im going to give them a call soon, i sent them an email also.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I was thinking about getting some Ackies. You need to get a trio to have a better chance of getting a breeding pair. At nearly $900 that ended up being a little out of my league for little lizards. We bought what we thought were a male & female from 2 different sources but they turned out to be 2 males. And adults don't co-habitate well if they haven't grownup together from hatchlings.

We had a BTS, they are a little boring.

There will be plenty of Beardies at the White Plains show next weekend!!! I recommend Sunshine Dragons, on the right side of the first aisle on the right just after Royal Reptilia.

Jefroka

5 Year Member
I have two Beardies, they are kind of boring, hate to say, particularly compared to my tegu and my king snake.

BTS are kinda boring as well, IMO as well as Dave's.

...Jefroka

Jer723

5 Year Member
yea i know, im probably going to have to save up for a while to get the ackies, bearded dragons seem cool, but they also seem like alot of work, they need alot of lights and the whole substrate issue, and they eat alot of insects. and i dont like insects that much lol. i think im going to wind up getting some ackies, probably a yellow trio because i heard they were much more mellow and theyre cheaper. how big of a cag could hold a trio of ackies? i heard a 4xx2?

Jerry

Jefroka

5 Year Member
Jer723 said:
yea i know, im probably going to have to save up for a while to get the ackies, bearded dragons seem cool, but they also seem like alot of work, they need alot of lights and the whole substrate issue, and they eat alot of insects. and i dont like insects that much lol. i think im going to wind up getting some ackies, probably a yellow trio because i heard they were much more mellow and theyre cheaper. how big of a cag could hold a trio of ackies? i heard a 4xx2?

Jerry

Actually Jerry, beardies are not difficult to keep. They're just not that impressive. A 4-5' tegu over your shoulder, now that's very impressive and you know how smart tegus are.

I don't know anything about ackies, others will chime in. I do know that the word is that they are really cool little monitors.

...Jefroka

tupinambisfamiliaris

5 Year Member
PE is pretty great. I was looking for a cbb Dumeril's monitor a few years ago and Robin gave me the email of one of the few breeders in the country. I paid half as much for it as I would have if I bought through a retail dealer. Breeder direct is the way to go. Aside from their husbandry and breeding knowledge, which is very accessible on the site, they are more than happy to find you a good source for what you are looking for if they do not have it on hand to sell. They do however, seem to be scaling back quite a bit on the giant lizards that they are so well known for.

Marlene

5 Year Member
From what I've seen on their site and heard about them, they're knowledgeable people, although, I wouldn't really do everything that they do with their virosan (nolvosan) stuff, it's best to let a vet use it in a reptile's mouth, despite the fact that we never did that where I worked at, unless it was sedated of course!

ashesc212

5 Year Member
I've bought the temp gun that they make and that is all. The temp gun is great, at least lol.

Beardies are awesome. They don't have to be boring if you take them out and let them run around. Mine have crazy personalities and are very entertaining and inquisitive. They are not much different from tegus and are easier to take care of then tegus. Tegus need the same lights too, so what's the difference? They need a dry climate as opposed to tegu's needing a humid climate. Also - they eat 70% dark greens and 30% insects.

I also recommend Sunshine Dragons for a beardie. I bought a dragon from Mike there last year, and he has grown into quite a looker. Bright, beautiful orange coloring. He has so much personality too! If you get one though, make sure you get it tested for parasites. Mine came with them :shock:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam