• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Question

John Hernandez

im building a cage for my red tegu 8x4x4 i live in miami i need to know how many lights i bought a 48 " light i will be puting repti sun uvb light aswell on one side a basking light in there what other lights would i need ?? And atleast 2 or 3 hides correct ? And plexiglass or glass for the front ?? Any advice

Mombo

I used glass for the front personally but it might depend on how you are doing your door.

I have the 4ft reptisun bulb in mine plus 3 more sockets. 2 with adjustable heads over the basking side so I can aim them how I need to to get the temps where I like them in different spots and one in the middle. The one in the middle is just a supplementary light socket. I dont usually use it but I have it when I need it. I just didnt want to have to run anymore sockets after the enclosure was finished so I put in an extra.

I have 3 hides. 1 under his basking side, 1 on his cool side, and 1 in the middle that I didnt technically put in there to be a hide just something for him to play with but he snuggles up in there in the afternoon usually so I guess its a hide haha.

4ft might be taller then you need. Youll just need more powerful bulbs to get the basking spot up to temp so more electricity usage and the t5 bulbs in the reptisun are more effective if they are a bit closer. So no reason you cant do 4ft if that works best for you. Im just saying you could get away with it being 3ft if you wanted it to. Its not like they are going to be ninja jumping to the top or anything.

Although you are in miami so your experience will be much different then mine I imagine as I have to deal with winter time and summer time temps and its not very humid here. Atleast youre close to Rodney and can get one of those Florida Firebelly Tegu's easy! Tegusonly.com

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced