• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Repti fogger in a 40 gal???

Canheaton

Hi guys.

I'm so happy that my little hatchling is bulking up! He was just bones when I got him two weeks ago. His weight has more than doubled! Growing fast!

So my question is.....

How should I use my repti fogger that I just got on a 40 gal ? The tank is 3/4th covered on the top.
Should I have it kick on for a couple hours when he's sleeping, on full blast? So it keeps the substrate damp? Or keep it going at all times on low ? I for sure don't want him to breath that fog. It looks awesome, But I know it's NOT good for him.

He dose sleep completely under the substrate at the same time every day.

I cranked the fog up for the pics. He is sleeping. I would never do that if he was above the substrate. Just so you guys know.lol

Attachments

• 0717172207a_HDR.jpg
    0717172207a_HDR.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 22
  • 0717172209_HDR.jpg
    0717172209_HDR.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 20

dpjm

5 Year Member
That fogger could really mess up you lights and fixtures, they should not be used in such humid conditions that fogging produces. I would probably run the fogger constantly at a low output to try to get the right humidity but not have all the visible fog, if that is possible.

Also I don't think that the fog is bad to breathe in, it is just very humid air. I think the only potential problem I could think of is that as humidity increases, oxygen levels decrease. That fog is about as humid as it gets, so also as low in oxygen as it gets.

Try to keep the humidity between 60-70% measured in the mid-temperature range of the enclosure, that should be sufficient especially if it has a burrow.

It would be cool to hook that fogger up to a humidistat.

Canheaton

Awesome! Thank you! I'm just running it on low so no fog is visible. I don't think it's doing much to keep the substrate moist but that's ok.

dpjm

5 Year Member
The substrate does not have to be moist, it's actually better if it is not because it will stay cleaner. The ideal way to provide humidity is in a way that does not get the substrate too wet, humidifiers and foggers work well for that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602