• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Reticulated python

frost

1,000+ Post Club
hey everyone, I got myself a baby retic at the last expo and wanted to know if any other members have owned one of these feisty little guys.

frost

1,000+ Post Club
i prolly get around to pics once she stops biting my hand lol. letting her adjust for a week.

TheTeguGurl

I have a 13 ft female retic. she is the sweetest ever.. And she has a wicked feeding response.

Attachments

• IMG_2486.JPG
    IMG_2486.JPG
    881 KB · Views: 56

frost

1,000+ Post Club
wow,shes pretty.=] any tips on taming them down? besides socializing them or scenting.

Deac77

5 Year Member
Some will never tame down, we have a 16 foot female lavender tiger that's mean as sin. Then on the other hand we have a 18 foot tiger that's a complete puppy dog

Most hatchlings are nippy as all get out

frost

1,000+ Post Club
this one was good, but after i fed her she bit me. but then again iv only had her for a few days. iv heard of hook training but i dont know how i feel about that.

TheTeguGurl

When they are bigger they are helpful. What I did When I open her cage door I take the hook and place it on top of her head not hitting her or bumping her, but lightly places it on her head. Then I would slowly reach my other hand on the tank to touch her head so she knows it inst feeding time. If i felt that she was reaching more I would repeat with hook and so on..Now she know

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
I've been using my new hook with all of my snakes now. I take them out with it then grasp them by the body then remove the hook, because even the nippy ones seem fine once they are out of their house. :) love that little hook!

casey h

best thing to do man is just let her get comfortable with her new environment and even if she bits let her bite if she is still small showing her your not gonna back own and your gonna push through and win it and tame her

jtrux

5 Year Member
All mine are kinda nippy after feeding time, it takes a few hours for them to get out of feeding mode. I don't have a retic but I have 3 boas and a ball python.

bfb345

I would compare a retic to a Columbian tegu just with a bigger mouth lol they can tame down to a puppy but it takes time and effort. My friend had a 20+ tiger that was a puppy that weighed the equivalent of a friggin Saint Bernard lol. Actually donated her to a zoo in Michigan somewhere.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam