• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Sad Sights

Aardbark

5 Year Member
The pet store that I go to to get crickets had a sad sight in it today. There were a bunch of dead Anoles in their cage. It was really sad for me. The poor little guys looked like they starved, there was nothing left of them. There was also one of them, that looked like a complete sckeleton, but was struggleing to breath. It couldnt even move. I told the shop and they went into the cage and removed the dead critters, and the dieing one.

I know they are just Anoles, but they deserve better treatment.

adam1120

Every animal deserve better than what human are doin to them part of human life:/ no animal is JUST a animal every animal has its role in mother earth:D

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
Truly is sad. But to be honest anoles should be left alone really. They make bad feeders and pets, being mostly all of them are wild caught so no point in feeding them off. Hope i don't sound like a douche, just saying.

BillieJeAn

its like that at the small petshop by my house. it males me sad :/ i want to buy every single one of them just to give them a better home

Aardbark

5 Year Member
Yea, I want to buy them too, but I cant room them, or really afford it either. I had anolies when I was like 12, and they lated like a year. Not really a et you can pick up and handle, but fun to watch.

There is also a savana monitor in this store that I check on every time I go to get crickets. He loos so sad, and honestly I cant tell if he is healthy looking or not. He looks kinda skinny, but I dont know anything about his species. I just know that my Gu is much fatter.

babyyitslove

We have two leopard gecko rescues. One is missing a foot and the other is deathly skinny. The skinny one is eating much better these days, but partially blind in one eye caused by stuck shed that was left on him for over a week.
We have a spastic tokay that was purchased and returned three times before we got him. The females we justgot picked up wasfor skin and bones when we got her... but has gained a significant amount of weight over three weeks. They've been through a lot so they're tough to work with, but we enjoy watching our tokays at night.

We currently have no room for any more rescues, but we help any reptile out as much as possible.

Dirtydmc

roastedspleen said:
thats too bad... except anoles are hard to care for
Not really. I've had a male for a few months. He's doing good. Had a few females die. But they will do that. Mating season just ended for mine. Hoping to get a couple babys.

I bought anoles to feed my tokays. My tokays won't eat them. Or pinkies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602