• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Scam Alert. Cerline Fernandez!!!!!

Akalions

After looking for a black and white tgeu i received an email with pictures that i recognized seeing off google. The offer was from a lady trying to sell her tegu because her husband was allergic. The pictures seemed familiar and the tegus in the pictures all looked different. Please watch out for someone using the same email or similar pictures.

"Hi, I saw your ad on www.thetegu.com looking for an Argentine tegu. The Argentine tegu is around 3.5ft very friendly. Her name is Riki.
Riki got a great mellow attitude and loves to eat, walk around, eat (you get the idea!), etc. She lived with cats and dogs (not in his enclosure!) and have never shown any aggression towards them.
I now live with my Husband,he is Allergic to lizard,I will take $240 for the Riki including shipping from Alabama to New York via Delta dash.
Do you have any other pets?
Do you have children?
Will you take good care of her?
At the attachment is some of her pics.
Thank You!
Cerline."
Email was Cerline Fernandez <[email protected]>

348j4ma.jpg

nwbk2u.jpg

2cwl6gw.jpg

345orit.jpg

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Is it just me or are these all photos of different tegus? thanks for heads-up!!!

And who ships tegus Delta Dash???

I ran the IP address (obtained from another forum), and it comes from Nigeria. just don't do it. :)

got10

Some people are just scumbags.. I got a better one for ya.
About three years ago, I bought a pair of adult tegu from a guy whom had just bred them ( I saw the eggs in in the incubator) . But, he didn't know anything about the female turning into a hellion after they lay . LOL. his loss he should've read up prior and had some knowledge of the important stuff. SO he let them go to me for a dirt cheap price .
Fast forward 2 yrs.My SON puts up a wanted to by add up online . A day later some dude sends my son pics of the lizards that he says he has. And when my son called me over to see the pics, I laughed my butt off. They were the same pics of the lizards that were sitting in our house for the past 2 yrs prior. So now my son starts to play with the jerk . they were insistent that my son send the money to them cash because money orders can be "counterfeited" as they kept telling him and they were too busy to meet. ( local address three towns over.) My son and I decided to convince them to show up at the train station in the town they lived in and we would meet them there to make the exchange ,
Well needless to say 2 young men showed up with a large box . But it was a pitiful looking pair of tegus One was half dead and the other was emaciated. So I asked what happened to the lizards in the pic . They said they WERE the lizards from the pics and the lighting was bad. Long story short I pulled a Dominican lottery on them i handed my son the agreed amount of money that he put in an envelope marked "Tegus"in front of them and put it in his jacket after seeing these guys were thirsty for the cash my son gave them the "money" and said 'OH shoot is that the cops again" and handed the guys the envelope and they took off in the car . It turned out the pair of scammers had been placing adds using pics from adds and ripping people off from hoobly ,craigslist and the classifieds.
I just wanted to see the face of the dude who opened the envelope and saw some photocopied bills and newsprint.

Aardbark

5 Year Member
If your gunna run a scam, you could at least use proper spelling and grammar. Also keeping the sex of the tegu the same in the same sentance.

And to the second story, what happend to those two sick tegus?

got10

They were in horrible shape,stuck shed ,crust around the vent area. after a few months they turned around and looked nothing like the creatures we rescued from the crooks , but . As luck would have it they turned out to be both males So not needing males we lend them out to the local school as apety and the other is part time here and part time in a small animal care training school as well ' we get them back on holiday and school breaks. I call it a mini zoo loaner

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
SAM ALERT

Hi everyone. I just saw this spam alert on my forum ( thetegu.com ) and wanted to share it with you. I KNOW that it's spam because the person used a photo of my son and our Tegu Leonidas ( you can see my video in the link I posted in my reply ). Please be careful of that person.

http://www.thetegu.com/showthread.php?11390-Scam-Alert-Cerline-Fernandez!!!!!

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Sam, I merged your thread in with the other that had already been posted. You titled it SAM ALERT instead of SPAM or SCAM. I thought that was cute!!

Bntegus

i emailed he or she about some t.teguixin the ones they said were black. and they sent me pics of reds then i asked for pics and they were just black and whites said they were a pair and it was two males. also wanted a money order from walmart lol i said i only use paypal and they gave me the whole bull$hit storie that paypal screwed them.

larissalurid

laurarfl said:
Is it just me or are these all photos of different tegus? thanks for heads-up!!!

And who ships tegus Delta Dash???

I ran the IP address (obtained from another forum), and it comes from Nigeria. just don't do it. :)

^Exactly what I was about to say. Those are DEFINITELY all different tegus. It's funny how one has a bright white nose and another a black nose even. Also I have DEFINITELY seen the first picture before. That's a tegu that was used in different educational programs.

got10 said:
Some people are just scumbags.. I got a better one for ya.
About three years ago, I bought a pair of adult tegu from a guy whom had just bred them ( I saw the eggs in in the incubator) . But, he didn't know anything about the female turning into a hellion after they lay . LOL. his loss he should've read up prior and had some knowledge of the important stuff. SO he let them go to me for a dirt cheap price .
Fast forward 2 yrs.My SON puts up a wanted to by add up online . A day later some dude sends my son pics of the lizards that he says he has. And when my son called me over to see the pics, I laughed my butt off. They were the same pics of the lizards that were sitting in our house for the past 2 yrs prior. So now my son starts to play with the jerk . they were insistent that my son send the money to them cash because money orders can be "counterfeited" as they kept telling him and they were too busy to meet. ( local address three towns over.) My son and I decided to convince them to show up at the train station in the town they lived in and we would meet them there to make the exchange ,
Well needless to say 2 young men showed up with a large box . But it was a pitiful looking pair of tegus One was half dead and the other was emaciated. So I asked what happened to the lizards in the pic . They said they WERE the lizards from the pics and the lighting was bad. Long story short I pulled a Dominican lottery on them i handed my son the agreed amount of money that he put in an envelope marked "Tegus"in front of them and put it in his jacket after seeing these guys were thirsty for the cash my son gave them the "money" and said 'OH shoot is that the cops again" and handed the guys the envelope and they took off in the car . It turned out the pair of scammers had been placing adds using pics from adds and ripping people off from hoobly ,craigslist and the classifieds.
I just wanted to see the face of the dude who opened the envelope and saw some photocopied bills and newsprint.

Wow! That's quite the story! I'm so glad you saved those Tegus. I'm kind of surprised that the guys didn't try to contact you again after they realized they didn't actually get any money.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hoeiyehi