• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Severus - Blue X Blue (cross)

Zyn

Well guys he or she is finally here. Thanks again to Hector's Habitats for producing this beautiful healthy Blue x Blue (cross). Had to take the day off work but It was worth it. The little guy came at 9am on the dot and came out of his bin fat and healthy and already very tame. Thanks again goes to Hector.
I'll be using this thread to track his or her progress with pictures and updates.

Attachments

• IMG_3281.JPG
    IMG_3281.JPG
    775.7 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_3282.JPG
    IMG_3282.JPG
    720.6 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_3285.JPG
    IMG_3285.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 166

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well guys he or she is finally here. Thanks again to Hector's Habitats for producing this beautiful healthy Blue x Blue (cross). Had to take the day off work but It was worth it. The little guy came at 9am on the dot and came out of his bin fat and healthy and already very tame. Thanks again goes to Hector.
I'll be using this thread to track his or her progress with pictures and updates.
Congrats. I've heard positive things about Hector's Habitat. Eager to see this one in a few months.

Zyn

Severus and our first attempt at a soak and water taming and basking on his river rock I found near work at the Columbus water treatment plant

Attachments

• IMG_3299.JPG
    IMG_3299.JPG
    496.9 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_3305.JPG
    IMG_3305.JPG
    759.6 KB · Views: 74

Zyn

Severus Update: July 17 2017

First few days didn't eat much borrowed and slept 90% of the time. Every other day my wife and I would take him out for some bath taming seems to be working well. Yesterday he was basking and drinking and ate his first full meal. He stuffed himself, made me very happy to see him eating. It was a mix of ground turkey, beef liver bits, calcium no D3 reptile vit no D3 and cod liver oil

Zyn

:Severus Update August 4th 2017:

Severus shed the skin off his tail about a week ago in one long piece. Yesterday after giving him a soak then a plate of chopped up chicken gizzards dusted with calcium/Reptivit no D3 I noticed him rubbing his face on his basking rock. Came home today and it looks like his first shed is going great. Look at his head and neck in two weeks he's almost doubled his weight been eating like a pig. Been feeding him twice a day since he's a hatchling. Going to the Reptile expo in Columbus OH tomorrow to pick up a few months worth of frozen fuzzies

Attachments

• IMG_0030.JPG
    IMG_0030.JPG
    818.8 KB · Views: 74

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
:Severus Update August 4th 2017:

Severus shed the skin off his tail about a week ago in one long piece. Yesterday after giving him a soak then a plate of chopped up chicken gizzards dusted with calcium/Reptivit no D3 I noticed him rubbing his face on his basking rock. Came home today and it looks like his first shed is going great. Look at his head and neck in two weeks he's almost doubled his weight been eating like a pig. Been feeding him twice a day since he's a hatchling. Going to the Reptile expo in Columbus OH tomorrow to pick up a few months worth of frozen fuzzies
Nice going. The little guy's on his way.

Zyn

They grow so fast. He shed just last week and he's already shed his tail again and his body is already showing signs. Lol is it normal for babies to shed every other week?

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
They grow so fast. He shed just last week and he's already shed his tail again and his body is already showing signs. Lol is it normal for babies to shed every other week?
Yup.

Zyn

Sev is going through his second shed in three weeks enjoying a warm soak. He's calmed down even more and today came to my hand to come out of the enclosure. Last night he gently took a thawed fuzzy Off the back of my fist. Normally he runs away and hides while eating it but last night he had to issues eating right next to my closed hand.

Attachments

• IMG_0074.JPG
    IMG_0074.JPG
    1,006.1 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0077.JPG
    IMG_0077.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 50

Zyn

8-14-17 Taming Update

Severus is a little over a month old. Since we got him 3 weeks ago my wife and I have been doing water taming every other day. He's also eating off the back of my hand if a fuzzy FT rat is offered. Today was a big step in the taming department. He was happy to be held after his bath. Didn't move a muscle while having his back softly stroked or his head for a gentle rub. All seems to be heading in the right direction.

Attachments

• IMG_0088.JPG
    IMG_0088.JPG
    1,009.9 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0096.JPG
    IMG_0096.JPG
    1,015.7 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0103.JPG
    IMG_0103.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 62

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
8-14-17 Taming Update

Severus is a little over a month old. Since we got him 3 weeks ago my wife and I have been doing water taming every other day. He's also eating off the back of my hand if a fuzzy FT rat is offered. Today was a big step in the taming department. He was happy to be held after his bath. Didn't move a muscle while having his back softly stroked or his head for a gentle rub. All seems to be heading in the right direction.
Yes, on the right track.

Zyn

Sev just finished his 3rd shed in 4 weeks tonight and was running around looking hungry. About two months before buying sev I started a Dubia colony for him. The only thing ready for him close by was the colony it's still young but a lot of the adult nymphs I bought turned into adult males throwing the ratio way off so I thought why not.

So tonight he ate 3 adult male dubia and 3 medium nymphs, shortly after he fell asleep on his back rock completely stuffed lol.

Mean while in the 2nd picture you can see our wolf pack up to no good lol

Attachments

• IMG_0147.JPG
    IMG_0147.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0149.JPG
    IMG_0149.JPG
    871.3 KB · Views: 59

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Sev just finished his 3rd shed in 4 weeks tonight and was running around looking hungry. About two months before buying sev I started a Dubia colony for him. The only thing ready for him close by was the colony it's still young but a lot of the adult nymphs I bought turned into adult males throwing the ratio way off so I thought why not.

So tonight he ate 3 adult male dubia and 3 medium nymphs, shortly after he fell asleep on his back rock completely stuffed lol.

Mean while in the 2nd picture you can see our wolf pack up to no good lol
Ready to lick anyone to death! Great dogs.

Tegu coning along nicely.

Zyn

A lot of people discussed putting shirts in with their Tegus for taming. Well I went with an old hat lol and he uses it more like a hammock after dinner than a hide.

Attachments

• IMG_0266.JPG
    IMG_0266.JPG
    810.9 KB · Views: 45

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
A lot of people discussed putting shirts in with their Tegus for taming. Well I went with an old hat lol and he uses it more like a hammock after dinner than a hide.
Growing.

Zyn

IMG_0292.JPG
IMG_0274.JPG
IMG_0277.JPG
Just another hat photo and my other big mean lizard I mean dog.

Last edited:

Zyn

Getting ready for another shed not showing signs of any major slowing down for the season

Attachments

• IMG_0357.JPG
    IMG_0357.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0360.JPG
    IMG_0360.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 35

Zyn

Some time exploring dad before the long winter sleep comes.

Attachments

• IMG_0428.JPG
    IMG_0428.JPG
    652.1 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0433.JPG
    IMG_0433.JPG
    555.6 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0444.JPG
    IMG_0444.JPG
    698.4 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0447.JPG
    IMG_0447.JPG