• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Sharp claws when handling

Does anyone have any tips on filing down tegu claws? My girl is tearing my hands and arms up when I handle her.
I have a large ceramic block in her tank now that I was hoping would dull them out a bit but they're still really sharp.

Dee-Dee Idrais

I use nail clippers to cut their hails. You just need to be careful not to cut them too short. I do a little bit at the time, but more often, rather then cutting too deep and causing them to bleed. My tegus are outdoors a lot and do tons of digging for bugs, so lucky for me, not much of cutting needs to be done. There are videos on YouTube on it as well

solo87

I use nail clippers as well. As the previous poster mentioned, be careful of their "quick" so they don't bleed. I then do a little filing to smoothen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980