• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Substrate?

PinkPunisher

5 Year Member
What would you say is the absolute minimum you could have? My dad is kinda freaking out about the floor "falling threw" and about my room rotting from all the humidity which i don't think will happen...but yea.

Spencer

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
What are you putting it in? It depends on the size. I would say 2 times the thickness of the Tegu. Our adult Tegu's have about 6", it's more than enough to burrow into.

Magik

5 Year Member
You could always put a large tub or a cat litter tray in the viv that is deep enough for them burrow that way they will have an area to dig and burrow and a more even area to place basking spots etc....you could also put the hide in the tray so they can burrow in the hide this will also keep humidity up in the hide!

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Ours burrow in different places. Sometimes under the heat lamp, sometimes away from it. He shouldn't have to choose security over thermoregulation. The same applies to snakes, most require 2 or more hides.

Magik

5 Year Member
My little guy crawls under his basking spot and that acts as a hide( I covered it with fake leaves etc)and he has another hide over on the cool side which is were he usually sleeps.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam