• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu couch time

tommyboy

Charlie and Tonka were hanging out on the couch together today and stayed still long enough for me to catch some pics. These two are like boyfriend and girlfriend (although they are both male) when they get to hang out together.
[attachment=5009]
[attachment=5010]
[attachment=5011]
[attachment=5012]

Attachments

• 20120901_183939.jpg
    20120901_183939.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 4
  • 20120901_183827.jpg
    20120901_183827.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 6
  • 20120901_183859.jpg
    20120901_183859.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 6
  • 20120901_183618.jpg
    20120901_183618.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 8

Tegu Boss

Wow, nice tegus. I don't have one yet but I'm getting one. What species are those guys, argentine BW? Thanks

Oh those are your extremes?

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
agv0008 said:
It appears that they are "domestic partners". :D

Stop anthropomorphizing! They are not "domestic partners"! Leave your own homoerotic fantasies out of this. The little tegu is the big tegu's wing man. If released into the wild, They would go to the nearest tegu pickup bar and put the moves on all the tegu ladies! The big one would get the hottest babe and the smaller one (wingman) would get the slightly less hot best friend. The next morning, they would be OUTTA THERE, and back in their cage like nothing happened leaving a trail of broken female tegu hearts. Not that I'm anthropomorphizing or anything.

boyd1955

Actually if you do even a vague search on reptile sexuality you will find that all tegus are naturally bisexual

Dubya said:
agv0008 said:

Stop anthropomorphizing! They are not "domestic partners"! Leave your own homoerotic fantasies out of this. The little tegu is the big tegu's wing man. If released into the wild, They would go to the nearest tegu pickup bar and put the moves on all the tegu ladies! The big one would get the hottest babe and the smaller one (wingman) would get the slightly less hot best friend. The next morning, they would be OUTTA THERE, and back in their cage like nothing happened leaving a trail of broken female tegu hearts. Not that I'm anthropomorphizing or anything.

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
boyd1955 said:
Actually if you do even a vague search on reptile sexuality you will find that all tegus are naturally bisexual

Dubya said:
agv0008 said:

If you are referring to parthenogenesis, that isn't bisexuality. What purpose would it serve in nature? If there was a gene that caused a male reptile to seek out other male reptiles, wouldn't that gene die off when the reptile could not reproduce? Nature is a harsh world and the plan for all animals is to reproduce as much as possible before an animal is killed or eaten. There is no time for nonsense. Also, don't put your trust in Wikepedia. And stop anthropomorphizing. :rolleyes:

boyd1955

Oh dear ... You are one of the clueless masses aren't you ... Tegus are bisexual ... All the teidae ( god knows how you spell it ) family are known to be one of the most sexually diamorphic of the reptile world ... They often sort out territorial rights and other arguements by having sex and seeing who shags who ... Mind you due to the way they are built they often take it in turns to be the top, going from one side to the other and it all comes down to the wrestling in the end ... Stop being such a twentieth century close minded dunce and look at the reality of nature ... they may well breed with a female when she comes along just as easily ... It just isn't an issue ... And something you have no chance of winning an argument about so give up now

Dubya said:
boyd1955 said:

Dubya said:
agv0008 said:

If you are referring to parthenogenesis, that isn't bisexuality. What purpose would it serve in nature? If there was a gene that caused a male reptile to seek out other male reptiles, wouldn't that gene die off when the reptile could not reproduce? Nature is a harsh world and the plan for all animals is to reproduce as much as possible before an animal is killed or eaten. There is no time for nonsense. Also, don't put your trust in Wikepedia. And stop anthropomorphizing. :rolleyes:

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
boyd1955 said:
Oh dear ... You are one of the clueless masses aren't you ... Tegus are bisexual ... All the teidae ( god knows how you spell it ) family are known to be one of the most sexually diamorphic of the reptile world ... They often sort out territorial rights and other arguements by having sex and seeing who shags who ... Mind you due to the way they are built they often take it in turns to be the top, going from one side to the other and it all comes down to the wrestling in the end ... Stop being such a twentieth century close minded dunce and look at the reality of nature ... they may well breed with a female when she comes along just as easily ... It just isn't an issue ... And something you have no chance of winning an argument about so give up now

Dubya said:
boyd1955 said:

Dubya said:
agv0008 said:

Mounting as a sign of dominance is not sex. I think that you may be right though. I came home today and saw that one of my lizards had developed a passion for musical theater. just look at the picture. I'm sorry for my closed mindedness. The lizard might never breed, but he does a great Gene Kelly. BTW, just because you state that you won an argument doesn't mean you have. I will just have to accept my lizard for what he is. Now stop reading Wikepedia and anthropomorphizing. Your tegu is not bisexual. Jeez, I can't write anthropomorphizing any more.

Attachments

• 954409_38a2_625x1000.jpg
    954409_38a2_625x1000.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 3

boyd1955

Interesting ... I have never seen an instance of this before

Dubya said:
boyd1955 said:

Dubya said:
boyd1955 said:

Dubya said:

Mounting as a sign of dominance is not sex. I think that you may be right though. I came home today and saw that one of my lizards had developed a passion for musical theater. just look at the picture. I'm sorry for my closed mindedness. The lizard might never breed, but he does a great Gene Kelly. BTW, just because you state that you won an argument doesn't mean you have. I will just have to accept my lizard for what he is. Now stop reading Wikepedia and anthropomorphizing. Your tegu is not bisexual. Jeez, I can't write anthropomorphizing any more.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam