• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

tegu not eating help needed

cartdrell

I just got a new Argentine black and white tegu like a week ago he is about 5 months old. The first day I got him he took food no problem. But the second day he just stayed buried under his substrate and would not come out. So I waited a day. But he did the same exact thing the next day at first I thought he got out but then I saw the dirt move. The next day he came out to bask and when he was done I offered him so food but he would not take all of it only a little then the next day I tryed to give him food but he just stayed buried under his substrate and will not come out for nothing what should i do how do I getunder him out without stressing him out because I did just get him?

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Can you tell us a little about his set-up? Size, temperatures in hide, at basking site, coolest end, etc.?

cartdrell

Can you tell us a little about his set-up? Size, temperatures in hide, at basking site, coolest end, etc.?
He is in a 50 gallon tank his basking temp is 106°f the cool end of the tank is 80°f he has two hinds one on the hot side and the other on the cool side

cartdrell

He is in a 50 gallon tank his basking temp is 106°f the cool end of the tank is 80°f he has two hinds one on the hot side and the other on the cool side
I'M sorry idk what I was typing he is in a 55 gallon tank his basking temp is 106°f and a cool end of 75-80 degrees he has 2 hides one on the cool end and one on the hot end he also has some fake plants too I just got him a fogger yesterday and he loves it when it is on its the only time he come out

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
They normally come out for a bit mid-morning and again later afternoon. Give him time to set up his own routine. Set food out early mornin on cool end. See how it goes.

Gringo

Any updates on your tegu? Did he/she start eating, and what were you feeding him/her? Mine is having the same problem, im sure its just adapting to its new home but im still worried. Just wanted an idea of some different things to try because it doest seem like he is liking the pinkies.

HarleyQuinn

I just got me a new baby tegu he is already trusting me pretty well. He just arrived yesterday I'm concern BC his graphics in his cage seem to make him think he's in the wild he keeps on going crazy trying to figure out if he can escape .?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam