• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu ?s

TeguMan

Why is my tegu coming out at night and messing the enclosure up and thwn go back in. And how can you tell if its a girl or a boy besides og the gowels. And why is the tegu still scared of me the tegu justs runs away.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Why is my tegu coming out at night and messing the enclosure up and thwn go back in. And how can you tell if its a girl or a boy besides og the gowels. And why is the tegu still scared of me the tegu justs runs away.
I want to answer your questions but I need lots if info. How big, how old, where from, how long in your care, what set-up, how do you interact with it, etc.

TeguMan

Its about foot and half long. How old i have no clue. My guess 8 months old maybe Thats my guess. What do you mean where from where i got it was from tegusonly. The tegu has been in my care for 3 weeks now. 7 ft enclosure with cypress mulch. I can't interact with it bc it just goes in the hid and stays there. Sometimes i can touch the tail and rub the tail but thats about it. What els do you need to know.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Its about foot and half long. How old i have no clue. My guess 8 months old maybe Thats my guess. What do you mean where from where i got it was from tegusonly. The tegu has been in my care for 3 weeks now. 7 ft enclosure with cypress mulch. I can't interact with it bc it just goes in the hid and stays there. Sometimes i can touch the tail and rub the tail but thats about it. What els do you need to know.
Good enough. Leave it alone to brumate. Make sure it has a basking site to warm up as needed. Brumation shouldn't last too much longer and in the next few weeks I would dig it up and begin some level of interaction. Always pick up from underneath/sides. Never from above. Place a recently worn shirt into its hide for familiarity.

To sex it, post a crisp photo of its vent and immediately below it.

TeguMan

Good enough. Leave it alone to brumate. Make sure it has a basking site to warm up as needed. Brumation shouldn't last too much longer and in the next few weeks I would dig it up and begin some level of interaction. Always pick up from underneath/sides. Never from above. Place a recently worn shirt into its hide for familiarity.

To sex it, post a crisp photo of its vent and immediately below it.
The tegu comes out at least 6 times a day. Drinks eats shits basks and walks around. I try to leave my hand there for a few mins but just doesn't want to come justs runs. Spray the tegu with water daily. The tegu is already in shed already shed body just needs tail left. I got water and a big water bowl to soak in but the Tegu doesnt want to go in. I feed the tegu every 3 days. The tegu loves lay out. I try to touch but walks away sometimes i can get the tail and very rare might get a rub on the body.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
The tegu comes out at least 6 times a day. Drinks eats shits basks and walks around. I try to leave my hand there for a few mins but just doesn't want to come justs runs. Spray the tegu with water daily. The tegu is already in shed already shed body just needs tail left. I got water and a big water bowl to soak in but the Tegu doesnt want to go in. I feed the tegu every 3 days. The tegu loves lay out. I try to touch but walks away sometimes i can get the tail and very rare might get a rub on the body.
He/she is no longer in brumation. Time topick it up, constrain if necessary. They always tame down, even if some are more "affectionate" than othwrs.

TeguMan

Ive tried several times picking it up. He or she will not let me. Sometimes wont let me get close to her or he. Ill try that shirt trick. Im getting very irritated like it will nevet let me get close. Im not going to hurt it lmao.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Ive tried several times picking it up. He or she will not let me. Sometimes wont let me get close to her or he. Ill try that shirt trick. Im getting very irritated like it will nevet let me get close. Im not going to hurt it lmao.
You must be assertive. Whenat reat, pict up the tegu from alongside. Put its head under your shirt for it to rest.

TeguMan

Other wise if i cant get this tame and stayes afraid of me and wont let me come near me ill sell it bc i do not want a aggressive tegu and dont need it biting me or my kids ill get rid of it. Ive never had this trouble before taming. My other one is simple didnt have to do much. Ill wait till june and buy a hatchling instead.

KP1989

My tegu usually mess up his enclosure when he need to go to the rest room. I then put him in bath tub with warm water, he poop and pee right after that.
During that time, I also touch and play with it, that makes the tegu get used to you and feel harmless from you.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced