• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu Talk Contest!

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Ok everyone, with spring quickly on the way, I wanted to get some good ideas down for our next contest. I am looking for both contest themes/ideas and prize ideas. In the past we've done photo contests and there have also been writing contests and photo caption contests. Which were your favorites? Which didn't you like?
What kind of prizes would you all like to see? Gift certificates are easy and can be used with online vendors just about anywhere but I wanted to get your feedback on what kind of prizes would really encourage people to enter into the contest!
No suggestion will be overlooked - please add your two cents! Thanks everyone!

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I like both these ideas! I really need to get on the YouTube wagon. I've submitted a couple of my own videos but nothing anyone really watches!

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I liked the essay idea but we do have a few members who may have a harder time with the writing/grammar. What about a video speech? There was talk about a calendar a while back, I would buy one. the caption contest seemed like a big hit.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Tegus with other lizards is rather iffy. Mine would probably snack on my other lizards. I like the youtube idea. That's different.

RamblinRose

5 Year Member
I like the idea of gift certificate to online vendors! There is always something one can use, or replace.

Pictures with a theme like holiday pictures or attitude pic's, for example, would be easy for all I think.
Sticking with easy is a good idea for all.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I say we try some we try something new. I like the gift certificate idea though. Just my 2 cents.

Leo93

Picture captions are great and easy, so all can participate. Alot of us dont have a whole lot of time. Thanks

frost

1,000+ Post Club
i like the giftcard idea. i would rather have some reptile supplies than a reptile. i have too many already lol

Draco D Tegu

I am not sure I like the youtube idea. Some people may not have the capability to upload videos, and some of us have to be very careful where our faces go on the internet due to careers.

So long as the Youtube can be a vid of any topic pertaining to tegus, then I'm ok with that so long as it doesn't have to have the person in it.

I could donate one like this for a prize, this one is already in my sale inventory, but no sweat to make one for a prize donation:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.139559202828255.26946.126620870788755&type=3#!/photo.php?fbid=143375459113296&set=a.139559202828255.26946.126620870788755&type=3&theater

PS...no...gator WOULD eat other lizards, I'm pretty confident of that....so count me out on the other lizard contest idea LOL.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Draco that link doesn't work for me...
I dont think we should require people to be in the video either, if thats the route we choose...

Compnerd7

Why not a duel contest? One for pics for people who don't have as much time ( smaller prize ) and the other a video ( larger prize ).

I think the gift cards is a perfect idea.

RamblinRose

5 Year Member
Weather it be a picture or a video, I don't think prizes should be any different in amounts or sizes. Now if our talking about a winner and a runner up... that's different. : )

Josh,
It would be nice to have a closer idea of "when" your talking of having the contest, month wise, at least? Something more tentative may help with some more idea's. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced