• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Temp home V`s Forever home??

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I know most will already know this as I have posted a few threads........but I have a 20" nose to tip of tail gold tegu and I`m slightly undecided what to do??

Keep him in his temp 4`X2`X2` until hes bigger and needs to upgrade to a bigger forever home??

OR

Move him now whilst still a juvi to his bigger forever home??

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I know most will already know this as I have posted a few threads........but I have a 20" nose to tip of tail gold tegu and I`m slightly undecided what to do??

Keep him in his temp 4`X2`X2` until hes bigger and needs to upgrade to a bigger forever home??

OR

Move him now whilst still a juvi to his bigger forever home??
Sooner the better for a couple of reasons.

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well I`d have just moved him when I thought he was getting too big for this encosure as he pretty much looks tiny in it still....lol

but I thought that about change and it was one of my main reasons for the move....I just know for his/her young age all hes/her has had is change so I wondered if it would be beneficial to give him/her some stability for a while, whilst we become buddies

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well I`d have just moved him when I thought he was getting too big for this encosure as he pretty much looks tiny in it still....lol

but I thought that about change and it was one of my main reasons for the move....I just know for his/her young age all hes/her has had is change so I wondered if it would be beneficial to give him/her some stability for a while, whilst we become buddies
Well, of course, ultimately your best judgement. At 20", he's nearly 1/2 the length of the enclosure and nearly the depth of it. Move him now gives him more time to explore his giant new world.

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
haha.... I know thats how big he is on paper but looking at him/her,AA seams much smaller as he/her is all tail... I need a week or 2 to build it but I think I will get him/her in the new home asap

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980