• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

The Buzz is Back

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I know my leave of absense did not last long, but I am back for now. I may come off as somewhat of a jerk in some of my posts, but that is who I am and I find no reason to sugar coat the obvious. Heed my warning, if I see the wrongs in a setup - I will blatantly point them out.

Most of you are friends, and I couldn't see how it was that I could just stay away, if being straight and somewhat of a jerk will get me banned, then I guess that's how it will end!

All in all, I'm glad to be back. Josh - I apologize for any drama I may have stirred up.

RobK.

TeguBuzz said:
TegusRawsome80 said:
Time to start Club Buzz?

Only if you'd join.
\\

I'm IN !! LOL

TeguBuzz said:
I know my leave of absense did not last long, but I am back for now. I may come off as somewhat of a jerk in some of my posts, but that is who I am and I find no reason to sugar coat the obvious. Heed my warning, if I see the wrongs in a setup - I will blatantly point them out.

Most of you are friends, and I couldn't see how it was that I could just stay away, if being straight and somewhat of a jerk will get me banned, then I guess that's how it will end!

All in all, I'm glad to be back. Josh - I apologize for any drama I may have stirred up.

JERK ??? NO WAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Haha, thanks Rob.

I'm actually holding off on getting him a female for now. I want to see how raising him goes as Ive come to find out that he's much harder to tame than Buzz and my female were. I guess some rhinos come with a tempermant. He's finally starting to calm down in the sense that he doesn't dart away when I approach him, and it's been around 4 months. I am steps away from being able to hand feed him. Before he would not eat if I was in sight, only when I was long gone. Now I can lure him near me using a grape but he wont take it from my hands and will eat it the second I drop it!

Buzz is his usual self, breeding season has not changed his attitude and has not changed the way he deals with the female. He is still his calm, lazy self. I had him free roaming the yard today as it was very sunny. I will definitely need to post new pics soon.

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
Nice man! That's awesome. I'd love to get into Cyclura some day but really only if I lived somewhere where I could provide them with at least 10x5x5 cages, hopefully larger.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
TegusRawsome80 said:
Nice man! That's awesome. I'd love to get into Cyclura some day but really only if I lived somewhere where I could provide them with at least 10x5x5 cages, hopefully larger.

They sure are worth it man. Im lucky to have the yard space. Buzz and Luna's cage is close to 15ft long thus making it nice and roomy with the width at about 7.5 or so feet. Unfortunately if I were to get a female rhino, I'd have to build a larger cage as his is only about 11x5ft or so.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
TegusRawsome80 said:
Nice. Are you planning on getting back into tegus at any point?

I was considering it, but Ive decided to stick to Cyclura, and eventually breeding them. I have the space to house quite a number more rather comfortably, but I am in no rush. Honestly, I no longer have the time to commit to taming down a tegu, which I think takes a little more work than the Cyclura - may be different for rhinos though, haha. I felt it was easier to tame Buzz and his temperament stays the same even if I go a month without handling him. I dont have the time to raise a tegu from hatchling size and daily handling with the work and traveling I do nowadays.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
No hard feelings here. I always feel like the more the merrier. Welcome back!

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
Yea u r a jerk buzz lol just kidding its good to have your advice amd criticism always even when ub get on me I have no hard feelings at all, and I take your advice and give it to others

from Samsung Galaxy S3

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Funny, I was at my school's open house for next year. One of my faculty members was talking about how our school practices a model that strives for knowledge plus expression. Do not confuse "sugar coating" with eloquence.

In a day when everyone wants instant gratification, anonymity behind a keyboard, and common manners have gone by the wayside, people seem to think less about how they they communicate. Certainly a person can be blunt and rude, but why not be forward and convincing instead? Even if we don't personally care about the other person, do we care about their animals? Do we care about improving ourselves just a bit more by rising above a childish confrontation on the Internet?

Anyway, this really wasn't directed at you, Buzz. I'm glad your back. I'm just waxing philosophical this morning over coffee.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam