• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

TheTegu.com admins?

Hey, I feel somewhat guilty posting about another forum on here : P but I was wondering if by chance any admins here happened to be on TheTegu.com as well.
I've been trying for quite some time to make an account for that site but can't get the activation email needed to complete the registration. I emailed them a week or 2 ago about this and never got a response.
Since this site is run more efficiently, I was hoping there was an admin both here and there that could maybe help me with this:)

Roadkill

5 Year Member
I'm afraid thetegu.com has suffered the same fate as many forums have: people today simply want a more social interaction, immediate responses, etc., and so the forum format is falling into obscurity. The owner of thetegu.com, txrepgirl is trying to sell the forum as opposed to just shutting it down due to inactivity, and so likely no one is actually doing any forum maintenance over there.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'm (only) 53. I guess I shouldn't be so caveman, but I'm not on Facebook, so I must be missing out on potentially valuable information on tegus. I guess time will tell if forums will go extinct or drop, even if precipitously, to some stable level.

=P
I'm afraid thetegu.com has suffered the same fate as many forums have: people today simply want a more social interaction, immediate responses, etc., and so the forum format is falling into obscurity. The owner of thetegu.com, txrepgirl is trying to sell the forum as opposed to just shutting it down due to inactivity, and so likely no one is actually doing any forum maintenance over there.
Yeah it kinda seems to be that way over there

Roadkill

5 Year Member
Walter, I'm younger (although not by much) and all I can say is I see a place for Facebook....but the big problem I have is how much information people share through social media. I have a Facebook page, but to me that's personal, only close friends/associates get linked. I'm not one of those that thinks the whole world needs to hear my every neurotic thought, hence I won't link to it for things like herp societies and such. That, and I have an extremely psychotic ex, don't need that disturbed individual tracking me down.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I feel that very same way. Could be to do what you're doing which is to restrict access to just a few people. I've been giving ti thought. I don't want to throw the baby out with the bathwater by avoiding facebook because I don't want to hurt people's feeling by not friending them.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced