• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

trade?

Dereks-Dragons

oaky, i tried my hand at a monitor. once again. and although i do love their feistyness, there is jsut somethign about them that i just dont like. i cant find out what. but i have this beautiful ornate monitor he is 17 inches and growing ;) he is tame, will not bit, just a little squirmyy. i want to maybe trade him for another tegu but if nothing i liek comes up i will be keeping him. please text me 845-283-1990 or emails [email protected]. i wish i could find out what is so attractive abotu these monitors but it seems once i have one in my posession.. im jsut not interested anymore. it kills me, they are such beautiful lizards. but i will be even happier to add on to my tegu family :)

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Baby/juvenile monitors are never tame. If they seem like they are it generally means one of two things, their enclosure/temps/humidity setup is not correct or they are sick/dying. A healthy monitor will bite, hiss, tail whip or defecate on you.

Dereks-Dragons

he will hiss and whip but, me personalyl have always considered something that doesnt try and bite, tame. lol. againt this post is just to see if there are any offers. i still may keep the lil fella. i love them but idk, once i got him in my hand i just wasnt as intrigued.

Grendel

What is interesting is that there is a thread 3 down from this one, talking about how this monitor is gonna live in a 12 foot enclosure, how awesome it is, and how your dad will take care of it, etc. Everyone replied, DO NOT DO IT!! So here is my offer, if you ship the animal to me, I'll give it a good home. However, as James W said, your gonna have to throw in some serious cash if you want a tegu.

Dereks-Dragons

this has nothing to do with it being in a bad home, i have explained above, the reason for this. if i were to keep him, all would be fine. in case you did not notice i havent replied to that other thread. read the original post here, it explains the reason, and it also states that this is not a definate thing, just putting it out there.

im just not as intrigued/impressed as i had thought. and im not sure why. it happens and i am prepared to keep him if nothing comes up, so please dont take this like one of those "i got a monitor i cant take care of" posts, it is nothing like that.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I don't really understand why you don't want to keep him. It seems as though you made an impulse buy and are now regretting it. Not really a big deal, we all do it.

I just don't like seeing animals sold as tame when 95% of the time they aren't. What exactly are you looking for in trade? How much cash are you willing to put into the deal.

Dereks-Dragons

it wasnt so much as an impulse buy but i do see where you are coming from, i got him in a trade. and i do love the lil , just not as much as i had thought i would. b ut i will not mind keeping him.i dont know what the monitor is worth so iim not sure. i also have him on fauna for trade for a smaller more colorful monitor. i wont have cash available for a couple weeks so i probably should havw waited to post this lol, but i know sometimes i see some cheap tegus thrown up for sale so you never knoww what might happen lol.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yeah. Most WC monitors are cheap to buy, buy expensive to keep. Hahaha

hoosier

5 Year Member
Dereks-Dragons said:
oaky, i tried my hand at a monitor. once again. and although i do love their feistyness, there is jsut somethign about them that i just dont like. i cant find out what. he is tame, will not bit, just a little squirmyy. i wish i could find out what is so attractive abotu these monitors but it seems once i have one in my posession.. im jsut not interested anymore.

that was quick. i pulled quotes from your first post to highlight some points that quite frankly, are very upsetting. i hate to be "that guy" but no monitor is "tame". please do not market it that way especially a V.ornatus. also we tried to tell you that it was not for everyone and that it would take a lot of time and money and dedication. im not going to rant but i am quite upset about this. they are not animals you go purchase and a few days later go hey its just not that cool anymore who wants it?

Dereks-Dragons

its not about "oh its not cool" its just not what i had thought it would be. once more, i have no problem with him at all. mods please delete this thread before it get out of hand please ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602