• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Varnyard

Weston

Hey guys, I'm new here and this is my first ever post, so I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong forum or anything like that. I didn't exactly know where to put it, and this was the most fitting thread to my current situation. Please move it to where it belongs if this is incorrect. Anyway, on to my situation.

First of all, I'd like to say again that I'm not sure if this is exactly the right forum. It's not so much a complaint on Varnyard at all, but more of just a question/concern. Anywho, a couple months back I contacted Bobby down at Varnyard Herps about one of his Argentine B&Ws. He was out of stock for the season, but told me that he did have a few All-Americans that hadn't been claimed yet. I thought about it for a bit and decided to go for it. Despite the price, I've heard EXCELLENT things about Bobby's animals and was not concerned in the least. I paid the initial deposit immediately, and a month or so later he billed me for the second half. I assumed this meant that the eggs had hatched, and I emailed him to clarify. He responded, saying that they had hatched and would be ready to ship around August 22. I paid the rest of my balance, and I received an email from him confirming that he received my payments. That was about 3 weeks ago, and I have not heard from him since. I've called him twice, left messages, and emailed him once, yet neither have elicited a response.

I've heard great things from many people about Bobby and what an excellent breeder he is to deal with, so I'm not worried about being scammed or anything of that nature. I'm just slightly concerned about the lack of communication (and I honestly can't wait to get my hands on my little girl :p). Has anybody else out there heard from Varnyard or received their animals in the last few days/weeks? As I've mentioned, I'm not upset or filing a 'complaint' or anything of that nature. I would just like some information. Thank you all in advance for the help, and hopefully I'll be able to post some pictures up very shortly =)

-Weston

Lynda

I'm waiting for my AA also - I have read in some previous posts that he wanted to hang on to them for another week. I'm sure he has his reasons...soooooooooooooooooo hard to wait. I have not tried to contact him, just expected that he is swamped with shipping and such. I spoke with him a couple of months ago - great guy. No need to worry, they will be comming prob this next week. Good luck, I have confidence that we chose the best breeder for our AA's!

tora

Yeah, it gets hard for him this time of year with taking care of/keeping track of/and shipping hundreds of little babies lol.

badboyinblue`

well please keep us posted on how things go. i am looking to purchase my first tegu and was thinking about going through him. but if it take a life time i look else where. if any one kow of a nice tegu for sale e-mail me [email protected]

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well to help clarify things bobby usually ask for the remaining balance as soon as they hatch, he don't ususally ship them out til they are at least 3 wks old and eating good, its really hard to get a hold of him this time of year as someone mentioned he is dealing with the hatchling, hundreds of customers ect., I been doing business with him for 3 yrs now, trust me its well worth the wait

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I can also vouch for Bobby, he is extremely busy this time of year, but his tegus are top notch.

ragnew

I agree Bobby is definitely the one I'd recommend buying a Tegu through! His animals are as awesome as he is. Was well worth every minute of it!

Zoomin31

I have also had the same issue cant get an anwser on the two tegus I have reserved. I understand busy but as a business you should sit down at least once a week to check and reply to emails. I have bought many animals from breeders small and big and have never had this sort of issue. Not impressed with my experience at all!!!

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Weston said:
Hey guys, I'm new here and this is my first ever post, so I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong forum or anything like that. I didn't exactly know where to put it, and this was the most fitting thread to my current situation. Please move it to where it belongs if this is incorrect. Anyway, on to my situation.

First of all, I'd like to say again that I'm not sure if this is exactly the right forum. It's not so much a complaint on Varnyard at all, but more of just a question/concern. Anywho, a couple months back I contacted Bobby down at Varnyard Herps about one of his Argentine B&Ws. He was out of stock for the season, but told me that he did have a few All-Americans that hadn't been claimed yet. I thought about it for a bit and decided to go for it. Despite the price, I've heard EXCELLENT things about Bobby's animals and was not concerned in the least. I paid the initial deposit immediately, and a month or so later he billed me for the second half. I assumed this meant that the eggs had hatched, and I emailed him to clarify. He responded, saying that they had hatched and would be ready to ship around August 22. I paid the rest of my balance, and I received an email from him confirming that he received my payments. That was about 3 weeks ago, and I have not heard from him since. I've called him twice, left messages, and emailed him once, yet neither have elicited a response.

I've heard great things from many people about Bobby and what an excellent breeder he is to deal with, so I'm not worried about being scammed or anything of that nature. I'm just slightly concerned about the lack of communication (and I honestly can't wait to get my hands on my little girl :p). Has anybody else out there heard from Varnyard or received their animals in the last few days/weeks? As I've mentioned, I'm not upset or filing a 'complaint' or anything of that nature. I would just like some information. Thank you all in advance for the help, and hopefully I'll be able to post some pictures up very shortly =)

-Weston

Bobby,

Just letting you know I received my tegu. She's in great shape and looks fantastic! It's been a pleasure doing business with you, thank you for everything! She looks beautiful!

Thanks again!

-Weston

DoctorPepper4

5 Year Member
Hey guys whats up? Im also new...and im going threw the same experience with bobby....i ordered B&W on april hey told me he ships out in three weeks so i paid him in full three weeks came and when't so i called him back then he tell me i said i ship in three weeks but in the month of july....but he did not say that he just said three weeks..okay so what ever i decided to give him the benefit on witch i heard wrong so know july came and when't we in august and still nothing i called him up and asked him whats going on(recorded the hole conversation check it out youtube) he told me the post office had a heat advisory on live animals if its over 90 degrees but i live in homestead and it was only 85 degrees and it was raining all day every time i call him its something different with this dude oh and before that i called him he told me he didn't have me in his books im like wtf i paid you in full he asked me for the paypal receipt i should it to him and then he said you get it by the end of july sorry didnt have u in my book since april this dude been giving me the run around...why can't you pick up the phone and call your customers and explain to them whats going on...i have delt with plenty of dealers and got great service...AFTER THIS I WOULD NEVER EVER DEAL WITH THIS BOBBY DUDE EVER AGAIN HE SUCKS..(in my opinion):mad::mad::mad:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced