• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

White Plains NY expo

Adam87

5 Year Member
So Im buying my Tegu Agentine black and white there does anyone know of any good venders that will be selling there tegus

Meg90

5 Year Member
You hit it on the head right there: Vendors. NOT breeders.

Most people have imports available this time of year.

Ask some regular questions: what are they fed, WHEN are they fed, how much are they fed, when were they hatched etc etc etc.

At the last expo I was at, a seller told me she KNEW the guy that produced the babies she had, because he was a friend of hers. Told me they were certified CBB. I asked her what his name was.

She couldn't tell me.

After she hawked that BS that she was "friends" with the guy. Said his name was something Italian hard to pronounce.

Bottom line is, most people will lie to you to get you to buy their product. And to lots of people that's all animals are, especially the big Vendors. They are just middlemen.

Why not get one from an actual breeder? Bobby Hill might have some babies left...that's where I got my girl. Bobby has some of the best tegus in the US.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Direct and to the point!! There are no Tegu breeders there (unless we're there) only resellers. The baby Tegu's they have are 4 months old and probably haven't been fed much to keep them small.

Bobby probably has a few left too.

gboleslavsky

5 Year Member
Limey of Royal Reptilia often has Bobby's tegus there, Goodle the name and call him to check if he has any. You can also ask Bobby.

Meg90

5 Year Member
It made me sick how many liars were at the NARBC expo. Everyone that had tegus were just pathetic.

I held a baby red MAYBE 10 inches with tail and the guy told me it was four months old. And all I could think was, what the heck are you trying to PULL? I have a three month tegu at home that's 23 INCHES long.

I also asked when they were fed and the most common answer was every other day. Who does that to hatchling reptiles? People that only want to sell "cute" little babies--and who also don't want to take care of actual young tegus.

Go with a breeder if you can. The price is much nicer. All of Bobby's animals are well started, and his normal B&Ws are 150$ shipped to your door.

Adam87

5 Year Member
thnx for all the comments and heads up Bobby was going to be my next choice if i couldnt find anything at the expo and i read bobbys thing about scammers trying to sell argentin tegus but there actually columbians

G

hi I'm contemplating on where to get a tegu I know I want a black and white tegu. But it's just that I keep hearing about this varnyard website, but at the same time I'm going to an expo in july 11 in white plains, NY. So I dont know if i should buy one at the expo or thru the varnyard website. Since you guys are experienced tegu handlers what would you recommend???

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Do not buy one at the White Plains show! They are just starting to hatch, non of them will be available yet. If you find one it will be an import. Order one from Bobby (Varnyard).

We will probably be walking around the show wearing our TeguTalk t-shirts.

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It's not much longer of a wait to get a tegu from Bobby. His animals come with the peace of mind knowing they're healthy, active, flawless little babies bred and born right here in the U.S. Some imports acclimate nicely but it's a gamble I wouldn't want to mess with given the choice.

eddyjack

Beside the point, I feel it to be quite brazen to ask "where to purchase or do you know anyone" on the web site of the worlds foremost leading breader of (especially) Tegu"s! I understand and compliment Bobby for his attitude toward Ultimate Professionalism and Kindness but come on people, lets give back to Bobby by showing some respect to him. I am rather new to this reptile thing but still I will never walk into his store and ask "Where besides from you can I purchase a Tegu, do you know of anyone"?
I sincerely hope that I have offended no one!
Thank you,
e.j.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
No offence taken. This is an open forum, although it is paid for by Bobby, this not a store. Feel free to ask any questions.

Because of the timing any Tegu you find now will be an import. There is a chance you could find one of Bobby's Tegus at the next White Plains show IF he has sold some to a dealer there. You'd be better buying direct from Bobby and not take the chance.

mrplatnium

5 Year Member
I always go to the New York expos, and i bought my red tegu from some guy named Scott Crowe. I mean it was perfectly healty and all and still is. Ive had him for more than a year and never had a problem. Im not telling you what to do though. I dont know if i could get a tegu shipped to me considering i live in NYC.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'm sure stranger things have been shipped to NYC! ;?)

You could call Bobby and ask him what he knows about laws of owning reptiles in NYC.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced