• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Your new Chacoan tegu - You name the price!

Thelegendofcharlie

5 Year Member
I'm looking to re-home my tegu.

Her name is Ambalasi. (pronounced aum-ba-lah-see)

She is a 2013 Chacoan and she is a big girl - Already 44 inches!

Ambalasi has always been free roam. Even as a tiny green headed monster she had a (very tegu proofed) room at her disposal to wreak havoc in, and the run of a house as juvenile until present. This being the case, I don't think she would fare well being kept in cage/aquarium/vivarium/shoebox/in your closet nor will I subject her to that. It is my intent to find someone that will either let her be "free range" or that has a outside enclosure.

She is handled each and every day so is very tame.

She's perfectly fine with being handled and will even cuddle if that's what your'e into :)

She has never shown any aggression what so ever - ehh... well not to people. There have been occasions where she has tried to eat the cat when hungry...

That being said, she "demands" to eat daily still. I know some people start feeding their Gu's every other day at her size. If she doesn't eat she will prowl around he house all afternoon/evening and get in very weird places you wouldn't think her capable of.

Thankfully, the cat is still intact and has very honed reflexes and advanced evasive maneuvering techniques so we'll call that a win..?

She has yet to brumate, so know that you will probably enjoy her company all year 'round.

She is a good girl and eats her fruits and veggies and adores roaches. (I have a dubia colony) Except for roaches on occasion, I have never fed her live prey.

I am not listing a price for her because I am more concerned that she goes to a good home than how much money I get for her so make me an offer that you think is *FAIR*

I cannot do trades so don't ask.

I am re-homing her because I have accepted a job offer outside of the country and cannot bring her with me. Were that not the case, I would not be re-homing her.

***********IF YOU ARE AN ASPIRING TEGU OWNER WHO HAS YET TO OWN A TEGU THIS LISTING IS NOT FOR YOU!*************

I am looking for experienced owners only that will that will allow her to be free roam and/or have an outside enclosure.

I am willing to ship and have a shipping kit already as I didn't/don't expect to re-home her locally.

I will be shipping her via Ship Your Reptiles.

My name's Charlie.
If you want to know anything else just ask.

Attachments

• 1375031095814.jpg
    1375031095814.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_20140722_192612606.jpg
    IMG_20140722_192612606.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 98
  • IMG_20150113_162038.jpg
    IMG_20150113_162038.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 94
  • IMG_20140722_192620030.jpg
    IMG_20140722_192620030.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 83
Last edited:

Tegu in the Lou

Hello Charlie,

I sent you a message last night through the forum, but I'm not entirely sure if it went through to you. My wife and I are very interested in adopting Ambalasi from you. Please let me know if you're capable of shipping her to St. Louis.

Thanks!

Tegu in the Lou

Hello Again Charlie,

I must have missed the part about first-time tegu owners. I assure you I read the rest, and my wife and I are capable of providing a good home/environment. With that being said, I feel my offer to adopt Ambalasi for the cost of shipping is a fair offer since you said the most important thing for you is to get her established in a good home. I understand why you're leery about trusting just anyone with her, and I know we don't know one another, but I wouldn't be here if I wasn't confident in our ability to provide a good, loving home. The ball is in your court. It's okay if you decide to adopt her out to someone else; we're prepared to keep checking the reptile shows here in town until we find one I call our own. I just thought we could "two birds" this whole thing.

Best of luck and safe travels with your new job.

Thanks again for the reply!

-Sean

miranda

I am interested I am not a first time tegu owner and would love to adopt her I could do $100 plus shipping if you could find out what shipping would be to my town 61458 if that interests you at all I love Tegus

TeguGirl74

Ambalasi has always been free roam. Even as a tiny green headed monster she had a (very tegu proofed) room at her disposal to wreak havoc in, and the run of a house as juvenile until present. This being the case, I don't think she would fare well being kept in cage/aquarium/vivarium/shoebox/in your closet nor will I subject her to that. It is my intent to find someone that will either let her be "free range" or that has a outside enclosure.

She's perfectly fine with being handled and will even cuddle if that's what your'e into :)

She has never shown any aggression what so ever - ehh... well not to people. There have been occasions where she has tried to eat the cat when hungry...

That being said, she "demands" to eat daily still. I know some people start feeding their Gu's every other day at her size. If she doesn't eat she will prowl around he house all afternoon/evening and get in very weird places you wouldn't think her capable of.

Thankfully, the cat is still intact and has very honed reflexes and advanced evasive maneuvering techniques so we'll call that a win..?

She has yet to brumate, so know that you will probably enjoy her company all year 'round.

She is a good girl and eats her fruits and veggies and adores roaches. (I have a dubia colony) Except for roaches on occasion, I have never fed her live prey.

I am not listing a price for her because I am more concerned that she goes to a good home than how much money I get for her so make me an offer that you think is *FAIR*

I am re-homing her because I have accepted a job offer outside of the country and cannot bring her with me. Were that not the case, I would not be re-homing her.

***********IF YOU ARE AN ASPIRING TEGU OWNER WHO HAS YET TO OWN A TEGU THIS LISTING IS NOT FOR YOU!*************

I am looking for experienced owners only that will that will allow her to be free roam and/or have an outside enclosure.

I am willing to ship and have a shipping kit already as I didn't/don't expect to re-home her locally.

My name's Charlie.
In the last couple days I've been scammed for over $2,000 trying to get a replacement tegu lizard because mine was stolen by a longtime friend over 20 plus years is left my world shattered my animals are my sole reason I live day today and that was stripped from me I was also raped and robbed for what money I had set aside for a tegu while I was asleep
please just call me to discuss a payment and other this related
It's has let me try to commit suicide 2 times since so please

TeguGirl74

My name's Charlie.
100$ shipped?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602