• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Your thoughts?

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'm looking for a nice BP for a gift. I don't know much about them or morphs or what fair prices are. I'm told this one is a female pastel pos het axanthic. Under a year old. They're asking $200. The other snake pictured is possibly sold, lesser plat, she's $300. Im open to suggestions if anyone has any.I'm looking for a morph $350 (max), pet only, gender doesn't matter. Preferably lighter colors. Spiders, plats, butters, stuff like that (if that makes sense). Honesty that's about all I can say.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
I'm not sure where you are but zoocreatures in plaistow,nh has tons of cool morphs. Here is the spider ball we just picked up from them the other day to breed with our pastel when she's ready.
uploadfromtaptalk1366301806661.jpg

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Portland. I've been poking around fauna a but but most of those are on the way extreme side haha. NERD has a list of BPs for sale in difference categories like under $200, under $300, etc. ill look online to see if zoocreatures has a site

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Yes nerd was founded by my brother's friend. :) he's at zoocreatures. This spider was 300 but they have really pretty ones for less too...a lot of cool morphs

Logie_Bear

With all the bajillions of ball morphs that are out there nowadays, there's still something that draws me to the albinos. And now that they've been on the market for years, you should be able to find a nice albino ball (especially if its a male) for ~300$. That yellow on white is just so striking!

bfb345

if you want light colors go for a lesser or butter they are around 200 i would check with brad boa he has very nice butters

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
For a bright colored bp I would pass on a Pastel unless it's something like the Citrus line, a super pastel, double gene or more since most pastels brown out over time. But pics of the parents will help determine that. The price of the pastel is not bad but how much does she weigh? She hasn't browned much but she's starting to and is still young. Most of my bps I've found perusing kingsnake classifieds. If gender doesn't matter and he doesn't plan on breeding, then a male would be your cheapest bet and would also give you more options for your money.
With any thoughts of breeding it's best to get a female first since they take longer to grow and mature to breeding size.
But that aside for 350 there are some really nice single, double or even triple gene males to be had, from lessers and Orange ghosts to bumble bees and spinners.
Here are a few,

Woma and Spider hypos
http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=32&de=970498

Bumble bees,
http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=32&de=984166

Butter Pastel,
http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=32&de=984241

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Thanks for the replies. Yeah I don't think breeding has crossed his mind. Just a pet! There wouldn't be enough space here to breed and neither of us have really any skgnificant experience with BPs let alone trying to breed something. I figured males would be less. I also found this guy in my area. I asked about age/weight and a couple more pics but its a little late so I may not get a reply until tomorrow. The owner told me he's $250, male proven breeder, very sweet and eating f/t. What would be a healthy weight range for an adult? I'm sure it varies by length but is there a range I should be looking at?
image.jpg

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I found this guy but wanted to see if anyone could tell me if it is a fair price... I'm told hes a 6 month old black pastel lesser. Eating adult mice. The seller said he also bred him, its a local craigslist find. Thanks.

nagvSmh.jpg

ya1LOzd.jpg
62vCxak.jpg

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I would definitely look into bumblebees, they're quite bright, nice looking BPs. Quite affordable too with prices ranging anywhere between $125-250/300.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
We have a spider and pastel we are planning on trying to breed to get a bumblebee :) yes they are lovely

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I would definitely look into bumblebees, they're quite bright, nice looking BPs. Quite affordable too with prices ranging anywhere between $125-250/300.
I'll have to keep an eye out. Is it usually ok to find BPs on fauna or would it be better to look into specific breeders? I ended up getting the black pastel lesser (for me). I started another thread for him. He's slowly coming around.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I've purchased BPs off of Fauna in the past without problems whatsoever. Most of the people selling BPs on Fauna are breeders - at least in the cases I dealt with. Congrats on the new snake Lex, hope all is well.

bfb345

Most breeders post on the fauna. The best way is always to go to a local reptile expo to see the snake handle it and see if you can wheel and deal a bit and even if you like the colors.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
When ever making online purchases do your research. Out of 12 bps, 11 of mine I got from Kingsnake classifieds and I haven't had any issues. I haven't gotten anything from faunas classifieds but I always use their BOI before sending anybody money. When you see something you like, just send them an email to get more info on the snake or what ever and their first and last name and or business, which is usually in their response. Then do a search on Fauna or any reptile BOI to see what you find before making a decision. I don't go by specific breeders or anything like that since like name brand clothes, some charge more because of a name, I go with what I like.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced