• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

ZOO MED Repti Halogen 100Watt

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
I purchased this bulb from ReptileSupply.com about three months ago, And I Love it!!!

It gets really hot with a well directed beam, I was needing something that could heat up my tegu well, from kinda far away so he couldn't reach the light.

It works perfect and is just the thing I was wanting them to come out with.

Also Reptile Supply has them over 50% cheaper than any local Petco or Petsmart around. It is who I use to buy all my bulbs and decor. They have never given me any problems. Also their prices are really good on everything.

However three days after recieving the bulb, it went out... :rant
So... I called the number on the back of the package for the bulb which was ZOOMED's customer service and I told them who and when I bought the bulb and that it went out, and the lady said "no problem, I'm shipping another one to you right now, it will be there by the end of the week, have a nice day" Sure enough that friday a new one was on my doorstep and I have had no problems since.

So Reptile Suppy gets an A+ for fast shipping and prices
ZOOMED Repti Halogen gets an A- for making a bad bulb
But ZOOMED Customer Service mad up for it and got an A+ for sending me a new one ASAP that works perfect without having to send them back the old one or faxing a receipt or anything, she just said OK and sent me a new one, I really really liked that.

Hope that helps someone :cheers

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I use the heavy duty outdoor halogen flood lights (PAR38) from Home Depot/Lowe's/Wal-Mart. Some of them are rated for 6000 hours. And they cost less than reptile bulbs.

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
Thats what I was using and what I have wire into my cage, but the bulbs dont direct the heat well enough into a basking spot and the bulbs would not last long at all for me, and they were a pain to replace, so I switched to this set up

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
CuriousTegu760 said:
Hey I bought a halogen flood lights (PAR38) Is this right?

Light output:1050
75watt.
That's what I use. 75 & 90W. Look at the hour rating. Some are 2500, 4000 & 6000 hour rated.

CuriousTegu760

5 Year Member
One more thing Dave. I have it in a 4x2x2. It seems to making the cage kinda hot, my tegu seems to want out lately. Its in 85 inside.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
85 on the cool side? What's the basking temp? What's the room temp? You might need to raise the basking area and go with a slightly smaller bulb.

There the new Halogena bulbs that more efficient (less wattage for the same light output), maybe they put out slightly less heat. I've got one but I haven't compared them.

CuriousTegu760

5 Year Member
I have a tempgun. Do I measure the ground temps for the cool side? The light are off right now so I won't be able to check till tomorrow. My hot side was from 105 to 115. I'm trying to work on that to make it less hot. I took out her basking rock and moved mulch around. My room temps are always cool 78 or lower. I was using the Halogena bulb you were talking. But it went out randomly the other day, so I ran to Walmart and got the bulb I have now. I'm gonna have to order another regardless because this one seems to hot for this caging.

Jer723

5 Year Member
as for the zoo med bulb that started this thread, i use it also and it works very well keeping my basking in the right range, and it wasnt too pricey either and should last a while, i also reccomend it if your bent on getting a reptile bulb.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980