• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

5 month old tegu is tiny!

Medusa

Only brought him few days ago. They said he was born end of May this year. This is my 9 year old holding him! He seems so small compared to photos iv seen.

Attachments

• Snapchat-1559117147.jpg
    Snapchat-1559117147.jpg
    601.7 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20211024-211258_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211024-211258_Gallery.jpg
    400.5 KB · Views: 33

Tiigu

That’s about the size mine was and I was told she was approx 6months old When I got her. 3 months later, she’s almost doubled in size since.

Medusa

That’s about the size mine was and I was told she was approx 6months old When I got her. 3 months later, she’s almost doubled in size since.
Aww thank god been so worried lol!! I'm glad it's OK Thankyou for your reply!

Medusa

Defo has grown!!! Hopefully once mines settled for a few more days will start eating and grow some BTW cool shirt !!! Hadouken !!

Brandondoven

Only brought him few days ago. They said he was born end of May this year. This is my 9 year old holding him! He seems so small compared to photos iv seen.
A store near me has a year old tegu that's smaller than when I bought my tegu at 3 months old. The store owner says he eats like crazy but then describes a bearded dragon kind of eating pattern. Wich explains why he's so small. Just doesn't get enough nutrients. Probably the same in your case. I would recommend to just feed it enough and see how he progresses. If he doesn't grow, just give it some time. It might take some time after being held back of food for so long. If you do see him slimming down even with good nourishment you might want to take him to see a vet. Otherwise, enjoy your tegu

Dude Bro Man 433

A lot of shops under feed the tegus and other large reptiles so they stay small longer. It’s crazy how fast they grow once you start feeding him right

Brandondoven

A lot of shops under feed the tegus and other large reptiles so they stay small longer. It’s crazy how fast they grow once you start feeding him right
I bought mine from quality reptiles in the netherlands. At 3 months old he was almost 3 feet long. That's why they say better buy from a breeder I think.

Medusa

A store near me has a year old tegu that's smaller than when I bought my tegu at 3 months old. The store owner says he eats like crazy but then describes a bearded dragon kind of eating pattern. Wich explains why he's so small. Just doesn't get enough nutrients. Probably the same in your case. I would recommend to just feed it enough and see how he progresses. If he doesn't grow, just give it some time. It might take some time after being held back of food for so long. If you do see him slimming down even with good nourishment you might want to take him to see a vet. Otherwise, enjoy your tegu
Ahh great, thanks for your response, he's on boiled eggs with shells and grounded turkey with some mango ATM dusted with calcium powder. Might add some pinkys in too. Thankyou

Brandondoven

Ahh great, thanks for your response, he's on boiled eggs with shells and grounded turkey with some mango ATM dusted with calcium powder. Might add some pinkys in too. Thankyou
If available to you, young tegus benefit greatly from eating insects. Locusts and dubia roaches are the bulkiest ones in terms of nutrients.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602