• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

6.5' x 4' Queen bed enclosure? Reasonable for male b/w?

merakjinsei

Hi, As i live in a high-density area and dont have a lot of floor space, am hoping to fit an enclosure under a queen size loft bed. The one I am looking at seems it would accomodate an enclosure thats about (could be a few inches over) 6.5 ft long by 4 ft wide (max 6.6'x 4.3'). Alternatively, if total area is more valuable than length, it could be 6ft x 5ft (the legs of the bed are 4" wide) Would this be a feasible size for an adult male tegu? I know it isn't the desired 8x4; I intend to have higher than average humidity in my room and a decent (but not overdone) amount of hangout roaming time, but i know this shouldnt be relied upon to give the tegu a good healthy and comfortable life; i desperately want to make this work but I don't want to delude myself at the animal's expense.

Would it be ok to house a normal adult male b/w tegu?

Attachments

• B8E64298-A28E-470A-A84F-89CF26ECE135.jpeg
    B8E64298-A28E-470A-A84F-89CF26ECE135.jpeg
    168.3 KB · Views: 46

Sean32817

That should keep your tegu happy till he grows up and if you allow him out to roam and play on a regular basis once he's full grown then he should be fine, especially if you can teach him that's his personal area that he should return to for sleeping and potty.

workman355

Hi, As i live in a high-density area and dont have a lot of floor space, am hoping to fit an enclosure under a queen size loft bed. The one I am looking at seems it would accomodate an enclosure thats about (could be a few inches over) 6.5 ft long by 4 ft wide (max 6.6'x 4.3'). Alternatively, if total area is more valuable than length, it could be 6ft x 5ft (the legs of the bed are 4" wide) Would this be a feasible size for an adult male tegu? I know it isn't the desired 8x4; I intend to have higher than average humidity in my room and a decent (but not overdone) amount of hangout roaming time, but i know this shouldnt be relied upon to give the tegu a good healthy and comfortable life; i desperately want to make this work but I don't want to delude myself at the animal's expense.

Would it be ok to house a normal adult male b/w tegu?
Yes, I would agree this would be sufficient IF you allow free roam time daily.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced