• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

A little help with the night temp.

Jonathan Gonzalez

Hello, i'm researching about a DIY enclousure for a B&W tegu, but i need to know the right temperature it should be around night.
In my garden it's around 70°F at night and 86°F at noon.
Thank you

Dylan koch

Mine stays 75 through 80 on hot side at night and 70 on cool side. Currently in Tucson az it's been getting in low 60s at night or high 50s. But mine are indoor so I use heat pads and also have a portable heater going it's a separate building from my house. Where do you live? You have to keep In mind humidity as well if doing outdoors! A good alternative is just a humid hide area though

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'm in south-central Pennsylvania. Weather still too unreliable for extended stays outside.

Jonathan Gonzalez

Thank you all.
I don't have enough space indoors for them, only outside but, the climate it's good for them at Temperature and humidity, specially on the rainy season.
I'm not from United States btw.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Thank you all.
I don't have enough space indoors for them, only outside but, the climate it's good for them at Temperature and humidity, specially on the rainy season.
I'm not from United States btw.
What state are you in? Regardless, make sure their enclosure is maximum security.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
That's very close to their northern reach of distribution. Make sure it does not escape. It will wreck havoc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980