• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Add Your Location!!!

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It’s a minor non-required piece of information but there are a few ways that listing it becomes useful:

1) Knowing what continent people are on helps when suggesting brands, breeders and suppliers.

2) Some items, Cypress Mulch for example, are far more available in some regions and not at all available in others. Listing your location can help us give suggestions that are more personally accurate for you.

3) For those in a place where English is not their first language, listing your country will help us to realize English is not your first language. Personally, I choose to avoid slang terms and try to use better grammar and punctuation when writing to someone whose first language is not English.

4) Many of us ask about or talk about keeping or taking our Tegus outside. The best answer to the question will obviously vary from location to location, and the experience behind the responder will also vary based on location.

5) Lastly and possibly most importantly, it’s nice to know who lives near you. Anthony came to meet my Tegu before confirming his decision to buy one himself. Then after he bought his I got to visit him and again see the adorable little green head. Later we split an order of frozen food to save shipping costs.

Location is not a mandatory field and I agree that it should be listed on a voluntary basis only. Also keep in mind it only needs to be as detailed as you choose. I hope each of you take a moment to consider the pros and cons to listing your location and then update it as you see fit.

Thanks for listening to / reading my little rant!

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'm in Beaverton, OR (USA). Right outside Portland. :heart::heart::heart:

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You know having my location availible helped me tremendously....a member who lives in a town close by was able to house my 2 tegus after my house burned down...by having that information availible he saw that we were not far from each other and was able to help me out

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
reptastic said:
You know having my location availible helped me tremendously....a member who lives in a town close by was able to house my 2 tegus after my house burned down...by having that information availible he saw that we were not far from each other and was able to help me out

Great real life example of a reason to add it! now go add it :p

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Its been resolved...just made a thread to show everyone how to fix their location

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
We seem to have alot of new members, so I thought I would bump this up.

Jefroka

5 Year Member
When Bobby ran the site our old avatars showed our location "if" you had given your location, which I had. Didn't realize it didn't switch over albeit I did as many others had to re-register. Thanks to this thread and the OP for mentioning this.

I believe it is invaluable on just about any kind of forum to have others know your location in order that any questions you may have about your area can be answered based on the location you have provided.

...Jefroka

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980