• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Adult Caiman Lizard Cage Design ... Comments and Suggestions Pleass

Fyndhorn

So it's time to have the adult cage built for my female Caiman lizard and I have drawn of this design I would really like some comments/insights from other Caiman Lizard owners on it in case I over looked something or maybe you have a suggestion at a better way to construct it.

The main thing I had to keep in mind is transport I dont own a house yet and someday I will have to move the cage to a new location also since I live in an apartment I need to make sure that the cage fit threw all my doorways.

So I thought a design that allowed for a base that help the water area and substrate with walls and a top that attached to give the cage the height it needed and also make it transportable.

upload_2014-7-25_15-24-11.png

so the base part has the water area that will be visible and the substrate are (7.5 inches deep) that will be glass lined to prevent moisture rot and the reptile from digging threw it.

The water area works out to be about 40gal that will have a UV sterilizer, heater and filter (and will still do the regular water changes)

upload_2014-7-25_15-27-57.png

This would be the top section that will attach to the base unit and front section facing us will be 2 sliding glass doors on a track with a lock.

If you have any suggestion or comments please share them :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam