• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Adult Tegus new home

Lance

Hello everyone, I'm new to the site, but recently adopted two 3 YO Tegus from a friend who just couldnt take care of them anymore as his circumstances had changed. He loved them like they were his kids, and they are exceptionally tame. Just thought I would pass along the photos of they're new condo. They live in our pet store in Utah and are our new adopted children. I bring you Zilla and Zeara new abode.

If you have any questions about there habitat or its construction please ask. We have equipped it with EVERYTHING so hopefully we will breed them next year. [attachment=3225][attachment=3226][attachment=3227][attachment=3228][attachment=3229][attachment=3230][attachment=3232][attachment=3233]

Attachments

• DSCN0649.JPG
    DSCN0649.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 28
  • DSCN0666.JPG
    DSCN0666.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 29
  • DSCN0678.JPG
    DSCN0678.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 27
  • DSCN0676.JPG
    DSCN0676.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 28
  • DSCN0653.JPG
    DSCN0653.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 27
  • DSCN0652.JPG
    DSCN0652.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 25
  • DSCN0658.JPG
    DSCN0658.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 30
  • DSCN0650.JPG
    DSCN0650.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 25

Lance

Logie_Bear said:
That is one pimped out tegu crib. Haha, I love it.

Thanks, the original owner had an awesome cage that was 3 generations old in development. We tried to salvage his cage, but it exploded when we tried to move it. So we stole his concept and made a few improvements along the way. It took us 7 days to build it then when we introduced the kids to their new home, they walked around for about 2 hours, then said, ok this is home. This crib design was very similiar to what they were accustomed, so they felt right at home.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Can you post some plans, dimensions and some more details about this cage? I may have to steal this idea for my Tegu and my Savannah can have the Tegus current home. That cage is awesome!!

Lance

Logie_Bear said:
....it exploded? How on earth did you mange to explode it? :eek:

The old cage was put together with lots of donated materials and small pieces of everything, so when we tried to break it down, the tile just started popping off everywhere and the wood structure was in so many small pieces it just wasnt feasible to move it.

james.w said:
Can you post some plans, dimensions and some more details about this cage? I may have to steal this idea for my Tegu and my Savannah can have the Tegus current home. That cage is awesome!!

I am scanning the plans and dimensions we used with some details on the drawing, if you would like more detailed photos or description let me know.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Lance said:
I am scanning the plans and dimensions we used with some details on the drawing, if you would like more detailed photos or description let me know.

Thank you. One question, how do you plan on draining the pond?

Lance

james.w said:

hope these scanned images work, if not let me know and I will try it a different way.
james.w said:
Lance said:

Thank you. One question, how do you plan on draining the pond?

We put a drain valve on the bottom which is inside the dig box area, so you can hook a hose to it and drain it into a 5 gallon bucket.

Attachments

• tegucage1.pdf
    280.4 KB · Views: 6
  • tegucage2.pdf
    420.4 KB · Views: 6

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Where is your store located?
What are you using in the dig box?
How is the tile installed?

Lance

james.w said:
Where is your store located?
What are you using in the dig box?
How is the tile installed?

The store Living Safari is in Salt Lake at 6540 S. State Street
Mixture of cyprus mulch and ecoearth, holds the moisture well and keeps the humidity in the dig box area at 60%. We also give them a suana bath once a week.

The tile is attached with mastic and then a sand polymer grout.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Do you mind if I ask how much it was to put together? It's a really neat idea.

Lance

rhetoricx said:
Do you mind if I ask how much it was to put together? It's a really neat idea.

Materials and our contractor labor about $3400. It took our contractor 7 days start to finish. I designed it, he built it and used his ideas for the finishing touches.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
That is expensive..

Too bad you aren't in Southern Utah, I would make a trip up to check it out in person.

Lance

james.w said:
That is expensive..

Too bad you aren't in Southern Utah, I would make a trip up to check it out in person.

Well don't let a few miles keep you from coming to Salt Lake. LOL, hey feel free to come by anytime you get up this way. We are open 7 days a week, be glad to give you the tour of the store and the cage. Check out our website and like us on Facebook. We have all our personal animals at the store so people can see what adult animals look like when they purchase a baby.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980