• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Aggressive

Lutchmom

Our tegu will be 2 in August. She is suddenly quite aggressive and I'm not sure why. She appears to track our hands when they are lowered down, and has ran at our feet. My son has started feeding her when she is nippy thinking she must be hungry. What do you guys think? Could it just be her age?

Our tegu will be 2 in August. She is suddenly quite aggressive and I'm not sure why. She appears to track our hands when they are lowered down, and has ran at our feet. My son has started feeding her when she is nippy thinking she must be hungry. What do you guys think? Could it just be her age?
It's spring!

Jefroka

5 Year Member

Try backing off his heat source temporarily before handling when they’re acting aggressively. Of course feed when they’ve warmed up. My tegu is coming up on his 11th birthday & when he acts aggressively we back off on his heat source. Sounds like with your tegu’s behavior you’re not too far from getting bitten, they pack a mean bite, so you definitely don’t want that!

Hope this helps, best wishes!

Cookie

It's spring!
Try backing off his heat source temporarily before handling when they’re acting aggressively. Of course feed when they’ve warmed up. My tegu is coming up on his 11th birthday & when he acts aggressively we back off on his heat source. Sounds like with your tegu’s behavior you’re not too far from getting bitten, they pack a mean bite, so you definitely don’t want that!

Hope this helps, best wishes!
My tegu becomes more aggressive when he is hungry. How does she act after you have fed her.

Cookie

My tegu becomes more aggressive if he is hungry. Is your tegu as aggressive after she has had something to eat?

Lutchmom

My tegu becomes more aggressive if he is hungry. Is your tegu as aggressive after she has had something to eat?
She just goes off and finds a place to sleep. Honestly, she spends most of her time trying to find a new place to sleep.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonny