• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Ahhhh gnats/small flies.

Neeko

Not sure if its that season of the year but ugh... their existence annoys me. I was reading an old thread on how to get rid of them, Jame w.'s idea look good.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Are you talking about the no-pest strips? It worked wonders for me. I think mine came in with the substrate and the humid enclosures only helped them flourish.

Neeko

Not sure where they came from but they are here now. When I was writing the post, I was Like WTF no @Jame W.

Dana C

The effort to get rid of them may not be worth it. I had the same issue a month or so ago. They went through their breeding cycle and disappeared. Mine most likely were in the substrate but who knows. We also have very small black sugar ants in Idaho. I put an ant trap, (round with little holes), in the enclosure and in a week or so the ants are gone....until the next time.

Neither small flies or "sugar ants" are harmful but are annoying. Winter will be here before you know it and they will be gone.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced