• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

All American Tegu

candyapplecorn

Hello,

I bought my All American Tegu from Bobby about a year ago. He said that due to extra chlorine in the water supply, he lost the majority of his argentine B&W eggs. So, instead of $150, I paid $300 (or was it $350?) for an All American Tegu.

Well, she's healthy and eats. But, I've got to complain - she's missing an ear and her tongue is deformed. Literally there's no ear or hole for an ear on one side of her head. As far as her tongue goes, I never see it. It isn't long enough to leave her mouth. It's like a little stub of a tongue. There's no forked end, it's a tiny little stub in her mouth and it isn't long enough to leave her "lips" or even get on her "lips".

Anyways I almost feel swindled since my tegu, Lola, has two deformities. I have raised her for over a year now though, and she's my pet, so it's not like I'm going to get rid of her or something. It took me more than eight months to tame her down, I put a lot of work into her. I let her out every day and handle her; her #1 activity is to find somewhere to burrow.

Am I the only one who got a deformed animal from last year's clutch? Maybe if I had gotten an argentine B&W, my pet wouldn't be missing an ear and a tongue right now. $300 for a deformed tongueless lizard, nice doing business with you Bobby.

There are videos of Lola on my youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Candyapplebone

Logie_Bear

Aw... that sounds pitifully cute. I can't watch the vid as I am at work right now. I have a severely deformed Chahoua gecko at the house. The big difference there is that the breeder gave it to me, free of charge, since it was most definitely a special needs animal.

A question for you tho- I'm sure when you received your gu last year, her deformities were immediately apparent. Did you contact bobby at this time? What did he say? I seem to recall (and someone correct me if I'm remembering this completely incorrectly) last year another member got a gu from bobby with a kinked spine, and when he contacted bobby about it, they were sent a replacement.

bmx3000max

I can say a few things from watching your videos i only watched a few and i didnt see the deformaties do you have close pictures?....and as for the kink tail it looks like you didnt have it in your earlier video so i could be wrong but that could be from mbd or tail regeneration, figuiring how squrmish she was in the earlie vids and the reason why i said it couldave been the mbd is the lamp looks rather high up and she mabe wasnt getting uvb or the bulb was bad like mine was, just saying

And i saw in one of ur vids....all american tegus are not 1/4th columbian, its red,blue and extreme

KABIKANO

[size=large]I UNDERSTAND YOUR KOMPLAINT AND ALL, BUT A YEAR LATER YOU PUT IT OUT THERE??? SHOULDA JUST HIT BOBBY UP AND IF YOU DID ALREADY, WHY YOU AIRING IT OUT A YEAR LATER???[/size]

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Were these deformities present when you first got the tegu? How big is she now and what size enclosure is she in? What are you using for UVB?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced