• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

All Natural Mulch (EarthGro)

AWD247

5 Year Member
Hey guys, I found a place near me ( Connecticut ) that sells an All natural mulch :app , its made from Scotts, under their line of EarthGro products.
I picked up a large bag for $3.17, it has no additives what so ever, every where else that had mulch including my local Home depo (which had mulch on sale this week) carried Mulch that was either red/ black, cypress etc. if you read these bags they have lots of additives and dyes. :nono

I got home and dumped some in a XL bin i had, went through it all and it was really good looking mulch, not dusty at all, nice and damp, great smell. Just felt nice & clean. If you have a chance to find some- check it out.

cornking4

5 Year Member
I get mine from a local family owned pet store. $25 a bag but it'll cover my 6x3 foot cage in up to 6" deep of substrate. A good deal... Plus I like supporting the little guy instead of evil pet store chains. Lol.

AWD247

5 Year Member
cornking4 said:
I get mine from a local family owned pet store. $25 a bag but it'll cover my 6x3 foot cage in up to 6" deep of substrate. A good deal... Plus I like supporting the little guy instead of evil pet store chains. Lol.

I agree, but theres a few pet chains that do a pretty good job near me, not all are ignorant towards reptiles and other animals, its just too bad theres only a handful, I picked this up from a lawn/garden center thats been around for over 20yrs.

Its hard to find online, Ive noticed that a different company bags it, its distributed for scotts but several places use it with a different package
I'll get a pic up, maybe that'll help

AWD247

5 Year Member
cornking4 said:
true. It's very important to research the stores you patronize.

You couldnt be any more right about that my friend!
My girlfriend thinks im crazy cause any pet store i go to, big chain, mom and pop, doesnt matter, I walk straight in, check the small animals and reptile section, "1ST" that tells me if im going to purchase anything, no matter how good the prices are, sales that are running etc.
We owe it as a community no matter the animal not to support ANY place that doesnt do right by the animals they house.

cornking4

5 Year Member
I'm glad you agree with me on that. I never mind paying a little extra at smaller stores (that actually take care of their animals) because I know that the extra money goes to the animals. It's terrible how many stores improperly house reptiles. Dead snakes and lizards can almost always be found on the floor of petco's "enclosures". It really is sickening. But what's even more sickening is the amount of ignorant schmucks who purchase the animals and support the chain stores that cause those same animals pain.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam