• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Am i crazy ??

RobK.

I don't just like my Iguana , i really do love him . I would be heart broken if anything happened to him . In the near future i will be needing both neck and back surgery and i am worried about who will take care of him while i am in the hospital . To day was not a good day my back was giving me problem and my legs buckle 5 or 6 times , the pain took my breath away . luckily it was only a few seconds at a time . so i have been kinda worried about what i would do if i was in the hospital long . i think my son would help out , he just bough a home two blocks away . I am getting a MRI on both my back and neck this week . I have one disk in my back that's almost gone and bone to bone and it now pinching the nerves and affecting my legs and i two worn disks in my neck and bone spurs , My neck gives me bad head aches and i now have bad TMJ and can't eat . sorry for the whining its been a really bad day .

frost

1,000+ Post Club
wow that sucks man.i hope my back doesent get like that i already have lower back problems.good thing you have your son to help you out with your other children.=]

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I wish I could help! I think he will be fine as long as someone can feed him and spot clean. It would be nice to give him some attention but I highly doubt he will lose any tameness. I hope your health starts to improve, it's poopy feeling poopy all the time!

RobK.

rhetoricx said:
I wish I could help! I think he will be fine as long as someone can feed him and spot clean. It would be nice to give him some attention but I highly doubt he will lose any tameness. I hope your health starts to improve, it's poopy feeling poopy all the time!
ii

if i have him poop in a tub of warm water and feed him light ,he will not poop fore three days and be fine . i had to got to S Utah for three days , i had a friend who is 75 feed f , but less than normal . i have gave him a long bath on Thursday morning , he pooped a lot , my friend fed him a small bag of greens and veggies i prepared , on Friday , saturday and Sunday mornings the next time he pooped was Sunday afternoon on the day we returned . but i hope my son can do it , he works full time and school at night. My wife is tuff and is starting to bond with roni each day . at first she did not like or want him , she changed and loves him also . So i will see if my son can clean his cage and have Candice feed him and add water to his humidifier . no sure how long i would be in a hospital if/when that time comes.. my mother in-law just passed away so its off to Calif next weekend . going to rent a mini van so i can lay down , can't sit that long . not looking forward to that at all . Took my Lab duck hunting day before yesterday , the sitting without neck and back support did me in . could not even walk when i got home , would be so bad i were old , in am only 56 , that's still young ?? to me .I loved to hunt , fly fish , hike and photography ., but having to give up all that , but Roni helps entertain me . lol .monday am in for MRI's. i already know they will find , i can feel it .

DavidRosi

All the respect in the world for you.
Reptiles are amazing therapeutic and good for the soul; people that don't keep them will never understand.
I genuinely wish you the best of luck with everything for the future.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Re: RE: Am i crazy ??

RobK. said:
rhetoricx said:
ii

if i have him poop in a tub of warm water and feed him light ,he will not poop fore three days and be fine . i had to got to S Utah for three days , i had a friend who is 75 feed f , but less than normal . i have gave him a long bath on Thursday morning , he pooped a lot , my friend fed him a small bag of greens and veggies i prepared , on Friday , saturday and Sunday mornings the next time he pooped was Sunday afternoon on the day we returned . but i hope my son can do it , he works full time and school at night. My wife is tuff and is starting to bond with roni each day . at first she did not like or want him , she changed and loves him also . So i will see if my son can clean his cage and have Candice feed him and add water to his humidifier . no sure how long i would be in a hospital if/when that time comes.. my mother in-law just passed away so its off to Calif next weekend . going to rent a mini van so i can lay down , can't sit that long . not looking forward to that at all . Took my Lab duck hunting day before yesterday , the sitting without neck and back support did me in . could not even walk when i got home , would be so bad i were old , in am only 56 , that's still young ?? to me .I loved to hunt , fly fish , hike and photography ., but having to give up all that , but Roni helps entertain me . lol .monday am in for MRI's. i already know they will find , i can feel it .

I feel so bad when I read this...I have chronic pain (migraines since age 2 and neck shoulder and back pain since pre-teen ...now everything else seems to be falling apart.pain makes me dizzy and nauseas)...anyway, just saying I can definitely sympathize and also know how theraputic animals can be.double edged sword though cuz I also, like you, wonder who would take care of them all if I wasn't there to...ugh.I'm praying for you...and yes you're still young...haha.I'm only 43(will be in december) but this lifelong pain makes me feel over a hundred most days.thank god for your wife and son and friend so you can keep your animal 'kids '...I know my life would be so lonely and empty without them.them and my kids...they are my life...good luck and blessings with everything :heart:

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

TeguBlake

BatGirl1 said:
RobK. said:
rhetoricx said:
ii

I feel so bad when I read this...I have chronic pain (migraines since age 2 and neck shoulder and back pain since pre-teen ...now everything else seems to be falling apart.pain makes me dizzy and nauseas)...anyway, just saying I can definitely sympathize and also know how theraputic animals can be.double edged sword though cuz I also, like you, wonder who would take care of them all if I wasn't there to...ugh.I'm praying for you...and yes you're still young...haha.I'm only 43(will be in december) but this lifelong pain makes me feel over a hundred most days.thank god for your wife and son and friend so you can keep your animal 'kids '...I know my life would be so lonely and empty without them.them and my kids...they are my life...good luck and blessings with everything :heart:

Makes me wana cry..

RobK.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I am sorry to hear about you pain . i will keep you in my prayer also , thank you for you sympathy and concern I know what you mean about falling apart . I had a better day to day , less pain . but i didn't do anything but hold roni and ice my back and neck . I also have insomnia . just can;t turn my brain off and stop worrying about things . i never feel tired unless i take meds to make me sleep . you may notice me posting all hours of the night .

thanks again for you concerns , and prayer .

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Re: RE: Am i crazy ??

[/quote]

I am sorry to hear about you pain . i will keep you in my prayer also , thank you for you sympathy and concern I know what you mean about falling apart . I had a better day to day , less pain . but i didn't do anything but hold roni and ice my back and neck . I also have insomnia . just can;t turn my brain off and stop worrying about things . i never feel tired unless i take meds to make me sleep . you may notice me posting all hours of the night .

thanks again for you concerns , and prayer .
[/quote]

Omg insomnia...don't get me started.haha.I used to be on meds for that and depression. ( not uncommon for people with chronic pain). Thank you for your thoughts and prayers as well :) yep my little zoo over here keeps me going.and when I'm stuck in bed I normally have two dogs, a lizard or a snake snuggling with me. Better than any medicine... :)

RobK.

[/quote]

.I used to be on meds for that and depression.

[/quote]

i take meds for that too . Howe can you NOT be depressed when your in pain , can't sleep ?? My last med for depression lowered my heart rate to 30-40 Bpm , i passed out shattered my nose , brain concision and whiplash , last thing i needed with a bad neck . My life is good though , just a little glitch in my life every now and then .

tomorrow morning i get a epidural a steroid pain shot in my back again . the one a few weeks ago did nothing . this time it up one more disk , if that doesn't work , they will burn the nerves around the worn/gone disk . If that fails its surgery and fused disk . fun fun . LOL

anyway back to Roni

don't tell my wife ,but last night i could not sleep so i laid in Roni's cage with him my chest all light . He slept like a baby . I swear he snores , I know i am weird , i can live with that .LOL

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'm sure Roni will be fine while you're out. You know if I lived anywhere near you I'd be there to help in a second bro. How long would you be gone for (if you know)? I had a slip disk 3 years back and was on pain and anti-depressants for a while, I feel for you. If you ever need anything, you've still got my number. Keep us posted on your health Rob!

RobK.

TeguBuzz said:
I'm sure Roni will be fine while you're out. You know if I lived anywhere near you I'd be there to help in a second bro. How long would you be gone for (if you know)? I had a slip disk 3 years back and was on pain and anti-depressants for a while, I feel for you. If you ever need anything, you've still got my number. Keep us posted on your health Rob!

i know you would buzz and likewise .

Had another epidermal steroid injection in my back this morning . now i hurt was more than normal . i hope it because they hit the right spot this time . When i returned home i had to change go right to a funeral ( not mine ) but i starred sweating like crazy ,feeling sick and faint . had to get up near the end and go home . doing better as far a sweating, and being faint , but boy does my back hurt . I hope this pain goes away before out 11 hour ride too Sacramento , otherwise its going to be a LONGGGGGGGG trip . I didn't do much with Roni today . had him poop in a tub then then put him back and fed him before i went . I hate days i can hold him .

. Hopeful tomorrow will be a better day .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602