• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Amazon tree boa owners,Past or present.

Scott_k

I am new to atbs. I purchased one about a month ago. I have always been fascinated by tree snakes. This is not my first snake, I have a ball python and a snow cornsnake. Now my question is do atbs calm down over time. I've done alot of research before for I got him/her and I'm still researching. He is more of a display animal than a hands on. He dosent strike the cage when I walk by as I read alot of them do. And he's never bitten or attempted to strike, but then I haven't touched him at all. I ask this because I use a snake hook to get him out of his enclosure for cleaning purposes and with the snake hook I can get him out but he wraps around it and won't let go. So my next question is what is the best way to start a hands on method and I ask this because I respect atbs for their aggressiveness. Also he is not like the other snakes, from what I read they are. Very visual and he's always watching me when I take him out. So what is the recommended way to handle him when I need to.Bottom of tank is 78-82 degrees, top half is 85-90 degrees and his basking spot is around 93-95 degrees, I keep humidity at 75%. Also he stays on the ground alot, is this normal. His feeding response is very good. Better than my Bp when I first got him.
this is rio.
1C5D413D-245D-41CB-B33B-AF4BBD4D6C7C-3164-0000092066BFEDC1_zpscf1dcd80.jpg

89D05105-07AE-44C4-9B30-71C19E367025-3164-00000920507BDD9D_zps82e6f901.jpg

His set up( temporary)
DC7D7ECF-AB8B-4306-A9AA-556B931DAED9-3190-000009222E049342_zps665c171a.jpg

frost

1,000+ Post Club
they usually stay pretty aggressive, but will eventually calm down.

Scott_k

Yeah that's what I've been hearing a lot of lately. One of the main reasons I got him when I was at the reptile store is because he was the smallest and the least aggressive out of 15 other snakes. I took a him out earlier today at first I had gloves on and then after about 10 minutes I took the gloves off. He was very tolerant, no striking or biting whatsoever. I finally grew a pair and decided to handle him to see how his temperament really was and it wasn't bad at all. I think I was more intimidated by him than he was of me. I will post more pics and updates as time goes on. But he is definetly one of the most fascinating animals I have had. He is so much more a active than my other snakes.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced