• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Ameiva cage build

ameivafan123

Hi guys, as some of you know I have an ameiva (from the locality of PR, AMEIVA EXSUL) and I've finally building custom cage for her that is 4'x2'x2'and im really exited to move her to her new cage beacouse I have her in a 10 gallon tank. And I also found out that ameiva eggs incubate at 80 to 85 Degrees F. Do I need an incubator if that is the ambient temp in my house?... It would be really cool to produce the worlds first captive born Ameiva Exsul babies :D. Tomorrow i will take some pics of the inclosure and keep you guys updated. :p

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You don't have to have an incubator, theoretically, but it helps to keep everything controlled. Try finding a cheap Hovabator if you decide you want an incubator.

I bet she's excited about the enclosure, too. A 10gal is waaaay small. ;) Congrats on all your excitement and progress.

ameivafan123

bmx3000max said:
never heard of one, so you only got it in pr?

Nope, their from the teiid familly and the most common ones sold as pets are the green ameiva or as some people call them, the Amazon race runners (Ameiva Ameiva). So (ameiva exsul) is the same lizard but from this locallity and are a little smaller than the green ameiva. Nobody in the island works with ameiva exsul beacouse they are concidered a pest. To me their awsome.

Sorry everybody. I didnt post updates on the cage build. I was busy playng Xbox :( tomorrow I will post pics of how the build went and another ameiva that I caught today. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980