• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Anabolic steroids for appetite

Little Red

I had to take my Tegu back to the vet today, she stopped eating about 9 weeks ago, she's had xrays, scans and blood tests 3 weeks ago and another scan today, her liver is huge and the blood test showed somethings wrong with it, vet thinks it's fatty liver disease, she's been having Emeraid for 3 weeks fed with syringe

I had 3 choices today, the vet can do surgery to see if he can see what's wrong, he didn't really recommend this and I didn't want it she's been through enough and looks depressed as it is, or the injection of steroids to stimulate appetite or put her to sleep, he said the injection is best as we've not tried everything and this is one thing left, she has 2 weeks to eat and if she don't she's to be put to sleep

The vet said it takes a few days for the injection to work, has anyone else tried this on their Tegu

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602