• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

anchor is here

roastedspleen

my blue iguana is here and hes a complete spaz. he was cool in the beginning and even ate a piece of collard green from my hand but now hes out of control running everywhere. i guess hes just acclimating.

Attachments

• 100_0272.JPG
    100_0272.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 9
  • 100_0268.JPG
    100_0268.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 8

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Is he a Cuban or a Blue Cayman? Get used to him being a spaz, mine was a spaz the entire time I had him.

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
Is he missing part of his tail? In the second pic you can see it doesn't taper to a point and it just seems too short to me.

Love the name, by the way. Very fitting for a rock iguana.

roastedspleen

he has a stub tail yes
also i was able to slowly put my hand in front of him and pet him with my finger. as long as there is no fast movements hes cool. if i try to pick him up he freaks out
just fed him and hes really thirsty cuz he keeps licking everything for water.

one more thing i was able to pet him on the head just now with my finger and he showed no signs of fear at all. which is weird. something wrong with him?

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Who did you get it from and do you mind sharing how much you paid?

roastedspleen

florida iguana and tortoise farm. $225 shipped because he has a stub tail.

im really having to control myself and not run in there and try to pick him up. hes really calm sometimes and than he freaks out randomly and runs away. this what it was like for you james? i can pet him as long as i don't try to pick him up

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I doubt it is a true blue Cayman for that price.

Mine was always skittish, he always ran if I tried to touch him.

roastedspleen

james.w said:
I doubt it is a true blue Cayman for that price.

Mine was always skittish, he always ran if I tried to touch him.

hybrid i dont know what you call it with caymen x lesser caymen brac iguana.

RobK.

very cool !!

i would recommend you might want to chop his food up about a 1/3 of what it is . he will digest it better and eat more . just a though . My rhino still likes his cut small , spoiled i guess .:rolleyes:

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
How were they business-wise? I've seen their website and a few other pages, they have neat igs.

roastedspleen

they were actually great. he must have handled them before because he doesn't mind being held at all. and thanks rob. i had to chop up his food even more this morning when i saw that some of the pieces were as big as his head.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Nice iggy, You know wha works great is having a food processor, i. Used to put all my rhinos food in one and chop it up, he surely ate more because he would clear an entire cat dish full of food in 1 day

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Not a true blue caymen,most likely a lewis/hybrid.But a very nice iguana good luck with it.They all will be a bit flighty at a young age pretty normal and each iguana being alittle different.I had rhino's from Ron St.Pierre, rob ehrig and now from tom crutchfield,and each from docile parents and each had a different personality.

dabears51

Nice lookin cross! I've decided to get a rock iguana instead of a tegu. Still trying to decide between a female rhino or a male Lewisi cross though. I've looked at Florida Iguana and David Blair's website. Nice iguanas!

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Well tom crutchfield,or rob ehrig they have rhino's for sale,i just got a hatchling from crutchfield and im very happy with it,it eats really well like a horse.By the way i like the name dabears51,im a die hard bears fan for years.And good luck with what ever you get.

dabears51

teguboy77 said:
Well tom crutchfield,or rob ehrig they have rhino's for sale,i just got a hatchling from crutchfield and im very happy with it,it eats really well like a horse.By the way i like the name dabears51,im a die hard bears fan for years.And good luck with what ever you get.

Da BEARS! lol. Can you message me Rob Ehrig's website? I've seen Crutchfield's website and Blair's website but am curious about Rob's. I'm in quite a dilemma. I decided on a rhino iguana and am looking at different breeders.

teguboy77

5 Year Member
I pm you the information,ehrigs.There's a guy on KS,names park he has rhino's to contact him,and he has cubans.Good luck

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam