• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Any lizard suggestions?

G

Neighbor gave me a 40gal tall tank. I can't just let it sit there. What should I put in it? Anyone have any ideas? I really don't want to get a beardie but I might have to, just to keep it occupied. Animals are my sick addiction.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
We just moved our Blue Tongue Skink into a 75G that had our B&W Tegu in. They get be about the same size and temperament as a Beardie. But they aren't as common. He probably could have lived in a 40G but we had the 75g open.

G

DaveDragon said:
We just moved our Blue Tongue Skink into a 75G that had our B&W Tegu in. They get be about the same size and temperament as a Beardie. But they aren't as common. He probably could have lived in a 40G but we had the 75g open.

I don't know much about skinks, but I think they are kinda ugly to me. They're nose is flat. I was actually considerring getting a CRAPLOAD of those firebelly toads in there. Lol. I love those things.

greentriple

5 Year Member
I've got the same problem. I have a 35 gal. and stand sitting empty because I can't figure out what if anything to put in it. I'm raising anoles in another one as feeder in about 4 months.

Ari Gold

5 Year Member
when my big tegu cage is built i'm turning the 30gal he is hibernating in into a waterfall vivarium with live plants and such probably for a crested.

dorton

5 Year Member
I have fire bellied toads too, they are a lot of fun to watch eat, they get so excited, but not so sure I would want to devote a 40 to them.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam