• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Any suggestions...

reaper44

Hello,
I am finally about 3 weeks out from ordering my Tegu. I see that some places are getting Hatchlings in, but i am so scared of online ordering cause i see so many horror stories. I live in North Texas and there is only 1 shop that i know of that deals with large reptiles and the owner is unsure when he will get any in and i can pay him and he will get me one, or i can wait till they come in which is who knows when.... Just doesnt seem 100% to me... they have been in buisness for many many years, i have even purchased a snake from them before that grew to a massive Corn Snake... the store is called Plano Pets. no online inventory... makes it hard to see what they got. can any make any north texas recommendations, or 100% hassle free great online dealers? Thank you. It just means alot to me to get the best.

N8bub

I also say go with Hector. My bw/blue cross arrived happy and healthy after being overnighted. I think because he is a small hobby breeder he has more at stake as opposed to abig outfit. Just my 2cents. Anyhow I hope my Boudreaux ends up looking as sexy as Loki! He looks like a cool gu

RickyNo

Loki actually was the biggest one he had at repticon lol. I still think he is the biggest out of that clutch. He's a year old now and just over 11 pounds and at 4 ft. I hope he grows some more. I know his mom is a blue and they are smaller tegus but it seems he took more of his daddies side so I have my fingers crossed he grows to 20 pounds.

RickyNo

20140915_101140.jpg

N8bub

Hey did loki go down for the winter or did he stay up? Curious because it may give me some indication of what Boudreaux may do this year. I suspect that loki may be boudreaux's uncle as his father was omega hectors male cross from last year's clutch. I know it all depends on the lizard and the environment, I'm in KCMO probably a little cooler in the winter than say florida. Just don't want him to sleep for 6 mos!

RickyNo

yes Loki is his uncle.I've seen his photos and it looks like he took more of his mother's side of genetics but beautiful animal let me tell you! No I did not put him down for winter, he doesn't even know it exists. His cage is a fully functional ecosystem in itself, and hooked up to a thermostat and misting system to keep a constant 78 degrees ambient temp with a basking temperature of 125 degrees sometimes a little more. Loki started to develope mbd as a baby in his tail because I was misinformed about diet. I then switched to whole prey diet. He ate rats every day till he was about a year old and now he eats every other day. Since he grew so much the deformed part of his tail is gone and it is as if it never happened. Add me on fb I post photos of him all the time. [email protected]

Rebecca Stout

Tegu Terra is widely acclaimed. I've never once read a complaint in years and have seen tons of unboxings on YT from them. Another one would be Ty Park in florida.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam