• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Anyone Know Where to Find PVC Boards?

Joba

I’d like to build a PVC cage for my tegu, but I cannot find any PVC boards. Home Depot has them on their website, but they’re out of stock with no ETA. I have Animal Plastics cages for my snakes and I love them. I can’t fathom the weight of an 8’ melamine cage, but I just can’t find any PVC sheets.

Is there something similar to PVC that anyone knows about, as an alternative?

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you.

beardeddragon111

There isnt really a pvc substitute :/. Its the ultimate cage material, light, water tight, and strong. I just finished my melamine cage and ye it's quite heavy compared to pvc lmao. So basically if you can't find pvc locally you're probably going to need to pay the money to have it shipped. Some websites sell pvc, but I would suggest skipping that part and just buying a custom cage. Animal plastics will do modifications that will make their enclosures tegu suitable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Joba

Thanks. I think you’re right Bearded. AP has an 8X3X2 for $675. Shipping to AZ is $268, so roughly $950. They’ll make it 3’ high for the price of $900, plus the same shipping. I think I’d rather pay $1150 for that than spend $500 building a cage that I don’t love.

beardeddragon111

Thanks. I think you’re right Bearded. AP has an 8X3X2 for $675. Shipping to AZ is $268, so roughly $950. They’ll make it 3’ high for the price of $900, plus the same shipping. I think I’d rather pay $1150 for that than spend $500 building a cage that I don’t love.
I'd also suggest a good substrate barrier if you're going with sliding glass. Also have the tracks made level with the barrier if you know what I'm talking about. I have an AP T8 for my bearded dragon, and there's constantly substrate in the tracks. It's a nightmare. I wouldn't even want to imagine that with a tegu. Either that or go with hinged doors. Just a little advice from my experience with their enclosures.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Say Car Ramrod

How big are you planning on going? You might want to use joists across the top because even with 3/4 inch pvc it'll want to bow with spans greater than 30ish inches.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Joba

Thanks, both of you. I’m going to do some more research and decide to either build a cage or buy the 8’ AP cage, most likely the latter. Yes, those sliding glass doors :( It’s my only complaint about AP.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980