• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Apparently She Doesn't Want to Hibernate

tresh

So, my gal was down for the count. Slept for about...3 weeks, never even moved. Now, two weeks ago she starts getting up every day. Demanding food. Butting her head against the door. Wanting out, wanting me to pay attention to her.

Then, the big guy wakes up. So now he's awake as well.

Long story short, both of my adults have decided they're done sleeping, they want food and attention NOW and no amount of me trying to get them to go back to sleep is working. I tried keeping the heat lamp off. I find them curled up on my warm computer. I tried turning it on for brief periods of time. They lay against the door, trying to escape the room they were sleeping in.

My tegus are brats, I swear.

On the plus side...the third tegu is very comfortably still hibernating, and seems to be doing quite well in her hibernation.

So, as much as I wanted to let them hibernate and had hoped they'd spend a few months sleeping...looks like I've got two ravenous adult tegus who are intent on driving their momma crazy.

tresh

I've been keeping them in a room in my apartment that I don't go into. They have a preference for a walk-in closet that I use for storage.

tresh

I can't keep it up to the level that I could in their enclosure (which neither of them would ever stay in), but I have a room humidifier that I keep running, close to where they prefer to sleep.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
makit5744