• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Are tents good housing options?

Hey ! I just got my tegu, he’s currently in a 6ft plastic bin with all he needs. I don’t have enough to get a big ol’ custom tank- but I’ve heard and seen people housing their tegus in big tents inside with all their flooring and everything… basically their tank is a tent and it seems affordable and looks like it works! Any say on the matter?
Also, in case a tent isnt a great idea, anyone have a good sized tank they’re selling??

Syous77

I see that you have not struck gold in the comments on your question. This is a controversial topic some folks detest them some love them I am in the middle I ultimately believe a nice large custom enclosure is the best way to go but realistically not everyone can afford such an enclosure, in my best opinion is your objective is to give your tegu what they need to strive via, good room, substrate, uvb, basking, and heat humidity. All that aside I have set up my first grow tent enclosure, and so far I have to say it is going better than I expected they are tough and my girl seems to love it , it holds heat and humidity like nobody’s business and with 6”substrate she is thriving in there with that being said you have to pay attention to several details using them search setting up grow tent for tegu on YouTube you will find lots of info. So if you can afford or build yourself a large wooden enclosure that would be ideal but I would not hesitate to do a grow tent until you can afford a more permanent setup.

I see that you have not struck gold in the comments on your question. This is a controversial topic some folks detest them some love them I am in the middle I ultimately believe a nice large custom enclosure is the best way to go but realistically not everyone can afford such an enclosure, in my best opinion is your objective is to give your tegu what they need to strive via, good room, substrate, uvb, basking, and heat humidity. All that aside I have set up my first grow tent enclosure, and so far I have to say it is going better than I expected they are tough and my girl seems to love it , it holds heat and humidity like nobody’s business and with 6”substrate she is thriving in there with that being said you have to pay attention to several details using them search setting up grow tent for tegu on YouTube you will find lots of info. So if you can afford or build yourself a large wooden enclosure that would be ideal but I would not hesitate to do a grow tent until you can afford a more permanent setup.
Thank you for replying! Right now I’m probably going to get a grow tent until the custom enclosure I’ve ordered is finished.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hoeiyehi