• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Arg B&W Tegu food quantity

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I would like to hear some of your experiences regarding the quantity of food commonly consumed by an adult Arg Black & White TeguÃ?¢ââ??¬Ã?¦ Please be a specific as possibleÃ?¢ââ??¬Ã?¦

My Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?Å?08 Varnyard Male Black & White Tegu at 41Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã? and 5.5~6 lbs (2.6 kilos)Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¦ keeping in mind this is early spring and he has yet to Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?â??wake upÃ?¢ââ??¬Ã? to be fully activeÃ?¢ââ??¬Ã?¦

He eats 5 days a weekÃ?¢ââ??¬Ã?¦

He eats approx 1/7 of a lb of ground Turkey as a days feeding (65 grams)Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¦ orÃ?¢ââ??¬Ã?¦
He eats approx 6~9 hairless mice that are 7~10 grams each (60 grams)Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¦ orÃ?¢ââ??¬Ã?¦
Some similar combination there ofÃ?¢ââ??¬Ã?¦
Last year He ate a lot of fish (2~4Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã? Central American Cichlids, Jack Dempseys) but this spring I havenÃ?¢ââ??‰â??¢t had any of good eating size available as of yet. But soon though ;)

So I am confident to say my Tegu is eating 60~65 grams of food per day, 5 days a weekÃ?¢ââ??¬Ã?¦

I expect this number to increase as his activity increasesÃ?¢ââ??¬Ã?¦ as well as his size increasesÃ?¢ââ??¬Ã?¦

I will admit that he seems a little skinny in the gut right now, but has a nice thick neck & tail.

I would like to add that the above weekly diet described is what he eats when offered as much food as he will accet per day. Until temperature and activity is fully increased to Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?â??summer modeÃ?¢ââ??¬Ã? I do not feed to this extent, but not far behindÃ?¢ââ??¬Ã?¦

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
IM NOT SURE IF ANYONE/I WOULD CONSIDER NERO AN ADULT BUT SHE IS THE SIZE OF ONE; SHE CAN EAT MORE THAN A POUND OF FOOD A DAY! BEFORE SHE START REFUSING IT SHE WAS EATING A 1/2 LB. OF GROUND TURKEY + CHICKEN BREAST, LIVER, TELAPIA, RATS ECT. AND THIS WAS 7 DAYS A WK, BUT RECENTLY SHE HAS BEEN EATING ONLY 1/4 OF WHAT SHE USUALLY WOULD EAT! SHE WENT A PERIOD W/O WANTING TO EAT ANYTHING BUT RODENTS AND EGGS AND NOW HER APPETITE IS SLOWLY COMING BACK!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602