• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Argentina Temps

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I think it's a great idea for any Reptile owner to be at least somewhat familiar with the seasonal environemnt of their pet.

If interested for Buenos Aires Argentina check this link - http://www.weather.com/weather/wxclimatology/monthly/graph/ARBA0009

Summer months have average highs in the lower 80s with overnight lows in the upper 60s...

Winter months have average highs in the upper 50s with lows in the mid 40s...

With Sping & Fall being the wet seasons and winter wetter than summer...

Shadowgamer21

Buenos Aires is right off the ocean so I think it might be a little warmer than the averages of the city where the wild ones actually are. Most population maps look like they keep a distance from any coastal area. There can be quite a weather/temp difference from coast to even just 10 miles inland. I could be wrong though, not like I have actually been to south america.

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yup, I learned that the hardway when I moved from coastal Wilmington NC to inland Charlotte NC...

I also agree city temperatures are more likely to be higher than rural temperatures. Asphalt, Concrete and steel retain heat much more than grass and trees and both heating and airconditioning create heat as a byproduct.

For those reasons I would suggest monitoring inland rural temperatures, but I wasn't able to (quickly) find a page I was familiar enough with to trust that showed year round average temperatures for rural inland Argentina.

A bit further on the idea of coastal cities being warmer... Coastal temperatures are highly influenced by sea breezes. When that sea breeze comes from a warmer climate it warms the coastal town, but when it comes from a colder region it will cool the coastal town. I personally have absolutely no clue where Buenos Aires sea breezes come from nor do I know if it changes by season.

If someone finds a trustworthy link with year round averages from a city/place Tegus are more likely to live in please do share it with us.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602