• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

awake from hibernation?

Promo_rep

Alright i receved my tegu in mid december of 2012 and he was awake the first day and second day for a while then never came up i i was worried he was sick so i woke him up and fed him food when i assured he wasent sick i let him be to hibernate...he woke up about 5 days ago and has been coming out everyday since. didnt feed him until yesterday because i though he was going back down but never did but he comes out around 9am and goes back down again around 1 or 2pm....is he out for so little time because he i still groggy?....or will he be going back down?...im not sure if i should feed him again or wait to see if he does go back down...this is my first tegu and he completely threw me off..he is a wierd one..he is a B/W argentine..almost a year maybee..i need a little help.

-thank you

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Keep temps and humidity right.and offer small foods maybe every 3 days. Wiggly things might get him going again. Could take weeks for him to get back to 'normal ', so I've heard. Niles only got up 3 times since went down in oct. Ate one cricket tons of water now back down with no basking again. Read your tegu's signs. That's what I'm doing. They are all different :)

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

Promo_rep

hey thank you i started feeding him on dayh yes the next no.....he has been eating like a champ....i think my tegu is just lazy..or he loves sleeping....maybee he still is groggy but he basks everyday and defecating normaly...so im just going to keep doing it... thank you!

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Yes.read what he wants. Some don't even hibernate. Mine went back down. :( i miss him. I'm so glad yours is up and eating. Some eat daily.some every other or every 3 days. Just keep trying variety and always plenty of fresh water. :)

Promo_rep

yeah he is very tame and not food agressive at all....he is the best....i feel like he should be out roaming like my dog.....lol....he has a belly now its pretty funny.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
That's great :) i will love it when niles wakes up and can't wait until he grows big enough to roam around the house :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980